How to add variable to watch window
Author Message
 How to add variable to watch window

The documentation must be out of date because it says use menu Debug - Add -
Watch which doesn't seem to exist. I want to view a variable continuously
real time.

Thanks

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:22:19 GMT
 How to add variable to watch window
I just ran my variable to the status bar so I could view it real time. But I
found the problem...the mouse coordinates seem to stop updating in the x
direction about 5% from the right edge of the window. The left edge goes
down to 0 right at the left edge as it should. Does this make sense?

It would mean that I couldn't do a hit test on anything at the far right
edge of the window.

Quote:
> The documentation must be out of date because it says use menu Debug -
Add -
> Watch which doesn't seem to exist. I want to view a variable continuously
> real time.

> Thanks

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:16:17 GMT
 How to add variable to watch window
OK never mind I had some code accidentally inside a parenthesis.

Quote:
> I just ran my variable to the status bar so I could view it real time. But
> found the problem...the mouse coordinates seem to stop updating in the x
> direction about 5% from the right edge of the window. The left edge goes
> down to 0 right at the left edge as it should. Does this make sense?

> It would mean that I couldn't do a hit test on anything at the far right
> edge of the window.

> > The documentation must be out of date because it says use menu Debug -
> Add -
> > Watch which doesn't seem to exist. I want to view a variable
continuously
> > real time.

> > Thanks

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:03:40 GMT
 How to add variable to watch window
OK never mind I had some code accidentally inside a parenthesis.

Quote:
> I just ran my variable to the status bar so I could view it real time. But
> found the problem...the mouse coordinates seem to stop updating in the x
> direction about 5% from the right edge of the window. The left edge goes
> down to 0 right at the left edge as it should. Does this make sense?

> It would mean that I couldn't do a hit test on anything at the far right
> edge of the window.

> > The documentation must be out of date because it says use menu Debug -
> Add -
> > Watch which doesn't seem to exist. I want to view a variable
continuously
> > real time.

> > Thanks

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:04:14 GMT

1. Variables in Variables / Watch window

2. Variable data not showing in watch windows

3. Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

4. How to see a static variable in a watch window

5. Q: variable / watch window

6. use "Watch Window" to validate variables

7. view arrays in watch/variable window

8. wrong value for a variable showing in the watch window

9. Watch CString in Watch Window problem

10. possible to cast variables in quick watch or watch windows?

11. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

12. TC++ 3.0 Debug, Watching pointer variables