Catch notification in CTreeView
Author Message
 Catch notification in CTreeView

I use CTreeView in the application.  How we can catch notifcation from Tree
Control which embedded in CTreeView window automatically done by framework.
I tried in OnNotify vertual function but it seems the notification, for
example, TVS_SELCHANGED, never comes.  Any clue will be appreciated very
much

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Catch notification in CTreeView

Im not sure if I'm understanding your problem right here?

To do your own function handling on i.e. item selection canged, respond to
the message for that.
The easy way is to use the class wizard, select your class derivided from
the TVN_SELCHANGED message, and then click add function.
This function is then added every time the selection changes.

Is this what you were wondering about???

Regards

TEK

Quote:
> I use CTreeView in the application.  How we can catch notifcation from
Tree
> Control which embedded in CTreeView window automatically done by
framework.
> I tried in OnNotify vertual function but it seems the notification, for
> example, TVS_SELCHANGED, never comes.  Any clue will be appreciated very
> much

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Catch notification in CTreeView

Fortunately, I got solution after I sent out the msg.  For CTreeView, we
should catch reflected notification, NOT notification itselft.  Even though
CTreeCtrl is embedded in CTreeView (implicitly),  CTreeView treat itself as
a CTreeCtrl

Thanks for any response.

Quote:

>I use CTreeView in the application.  How we can catch notifcation from Tree
>Control which embedded in CTreeView window automatically done by framework.
>I tried in OnNotify vertual function but it seems the notification, for
>example, TVS_SELCHANGED, never comes.  Any clue will be appreciated very
>much

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DragListBox notifications, how to catch them ?

2. HowTo: catch notification message from MCI windows?

3. Converting a CTreeView within a CSplitterWnd to a TABBED CTreeView within CSplitterWnd

4. Can you catch CDBExection with try-catch keyword?

5. Catch() not catching error during CDaoDatabase.Open()

6. How to catch a SEH with C++ catch?

7. catch (CBigBang *) vs catch (CBigBang &)

8. Catching Win32 exceptions with a C++ catch-block

9. why {try catch} does not catch

10. Q: Why try catch cannot catch the exception

11. TRY-CATCH vs. try-catch

12. try/catch VS TRY/CATCH