How to define different font size in dialog!
Author Message
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Is there an easy way to have different font size in the same dialog?

For example, using CStatic text controls to display two lines of text with
different font sizes?

by Ben.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Quote:
>Is there an easy way to have different font size in the same dialog?

>For example, using CStatic text controls to display two lines of text with
>different font sizes?

Ben,

There's no way to do that at design time using standard controls. You
can do it at run-time though. Have a look at Q85518 "Correct Use of
the SetFont() Function in MFC".

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Can anyone tell me where could I find this 'Q85518'?

I tried Stingray, I tried MSDN, but I couldn't find Q85518 in any places...

Any help is appreciated!
By Ben.

Quote:

> >Is there an easy way to have different font size in the same dialog?
> >For example, using CStatic text controls to display two lines of text with
> >different font sizes?

> Ben,

> There's no way to do that at design time using standard controls. You
> can do it at run-time though. Have a look at Q85518 "Correct Use of
> the SetFont() Function in MFC".

> Dave
> ----
> Address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Remove ".---" for the real address.

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

You can find it at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q85/5/18.asp

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP]

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me where could I find this 'Q85518'?

>I tried Stingray, I tried MSDN, but I couldn't find Q85518 in any places...

>Any help is appreciated!
>By Ben.

>> >Is there an easy way to have different font size in the same dialog?
>> >For example, using CStatic text controls to display two lines of text
with
>> >different font sizes?

>> Ben,

>> There's no way to do that at design time using standard controls. You
>> can do it at run-time though. Have a look at Q85518 "Correct Use of
>> the SetFont() Function in MFC".

>> Dave
>> ----
>> Address is altered to discourage junk mail.
>> Remove ".---" for the real address.

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me where could I find this 'Q85518'?

>I tried Stingray, I tried MSDN, but I couldn't find Q85518 in any places...

Well it's in _MY_ msdn library (Jan 98). Did you include the Q in the
search string ? You won't get a hit if you leave the Q off.

Oh, and you have to search the body text, the Q number isn't in the
title of knowledgebase articles (for some bizarre reason, since that's
how they're always referenced).

Bob Moore [MVP]

Due to an unreasonable amount of queries, I no
longer answer emailed questions. Sorry.

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me where could I find this 'Q85518'?

Have you tried www.microsoft.com/kb or the TechNet CD?

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

Fri, 04 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Thanks for your help! Now I know how to set the simple font size AND searching
in MS database!

Somehow, I could search for article's body using Netscape Communicator..
But now I know hoe! 8-)

Thanks everybody!!

by Ben.

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to define different font size in dialog!

Quote:

>>Is there an easy way to have different font size in the same dialog?

>>For example, using CStatic text controls to display two lines of text with
>>different font sizes?

>Ben,

>There's no way to do that at design time using standard controls. You
>can do it at run-time though. Have a look at Q85518 "Correct Use of
>the SetFont() Function in MFC".

>Dave
>----

Dave,

Do you know of any custom controls sold by anybody that let you handle different
fonts at design-time?

Bill.

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different dialog sizes with different fonts

2. Dialog Resources and different Font size settings.

3. How to set different font sizes for Dialog box properties

4. Different sizes of a dialog on different machines

5. different font sizes 98 to nt

6. CView:draw cause default font size for different printer

7. Font Size different problem

8. CView:draw cause default font size for different printer

9. Can one write different fonts in dialogs?

10. Text with different font in dialog box

11. Different dialog fonts on DLL based resource

12. Can one write on dialogs using different fonts?