Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!
Author Message
 Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!

Can someone please explain (in plain english) how I can create a Tab
Control dialog?  I've read a lot of the documentation but seem to keep
running in circles.

Thanks in advance....Jason

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!
Use the dialog editor to create your dialog resources.

Use ClassWizard to associate separate CPropertyPage classes for each of your
dialog resources.

Use ClassWizard to create a new CPropertySheet class.

In your CPropertySheet-derived class, add one member variable for each
CPropertyPage-derived class.

In you CPropertySheet-derived constructor, do an AddPage() for each of your
page member variables:

 AddPage(&m_GraphingTab);
 AddPage(&m_DataCaptureTab);

For your pages, any data validation logic you might have done in OnOK for a
CDialog should be put into OnKillActive for your CPropertyPage.

OnOK still gets invoked but this is where you have an opportunity to store
data, not validate it.

Otherwise you can treat your CPropertyPages as fairly separate dialogs with
OnInitDialog() and various handlers for the controls.

Very little is required in the CPropertySheet except the AddPage() unless
you are in Wizard mode in which case you may want to control the flow from
one page to the next.

TFM3

Note: spam-resistant e-mail address

Quote:

>Can someone please explain (in plain english) how I can create a Tab
>Control dialog?  I've read a lot of the documentation but seem to keep
>running in circles.

>Thanks in advance....Jason

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!
Thank you, Thomas!

Quote:

--
Jason S. Philips
Programmer/Analyst

Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!
Hi
This is not an alternative solution
This is the question i was about to ask.

How can i to add some buttons to a tabbed dialog,
the MFC creates only OK, Cancel and Apply
but I need some more

Thanx

(remove spaces)

Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP:Upside down tab control/property pages, like DevStudio or InstallShield

2. Property Pages and Tab Controls questions

3. Tab controls and property pages

4. adding controls to tab pages

5. Tab Control Pages

6. Tab Control Pages

7. Property Pages and Tab Controls questions

8. Property Page: Multiline Tab Control?

9. controls in tab pages and their message handling

10. Can You Design a separate view page for a tab control

11. Page (Tab) Control - Simple Ques

12. TAB Controls or Property SHeet/Pages?