Menu not showing up in 98...but it does in Win2k
Author Message
 Menu not showing up in 98...but it does in Win2k

I have a property sheet-based application that I want a menu for.  I created
a menu resource named IDR_MENU_MAIN.  In my sheet's OnInitDialog I do the
following:

 CMenu menu;
 menu.LoadMenu(IDR_MENU_MAIN);
 SetMenu(&menu);

The application looks fine in Win2k and XP, but in Windows 98 in place of
the menu I just get an empty bar the same color as the system's background
color.

What is the problem?  If you need any more code, just ask.  I am a  newbie
to MFC and am not always sure what is relevant.

Thanks in advance,

- J.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:03:00 GMT
 Menu not showing up in 98...but it does in Win2k
Nevermind...forgot to call menu.Detach()...

Why would this work in 2k/XP with the Detach call though?  Just out of
curiosity...

- J.

Quote:
> I have a property sheet-based application that I want a menu for.  I
created
> a menu resource named IDR_MENU_MAIN.  In my sheet's OnInitDialog I do the
> following:

>  CMenu menu;
>  menu.LoadMenu(IDR_MENU_MAIN);
>  SetMenu(&menu);

> The application looks fine in Win2k and XP, but in Windows 98 in place of
> the menu I just get an empty bar the same color as the system's background
> color.

> What is the problem?  If you need any more code, just ask.  I am a  newbie
> to MFC and am not always sure what is relevant.

> Thanks in advance,

> - J.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:09:44 GMT
 Menu not showing up in 98...but it does in Win2k

Quote:
>Nevermind...forgot to call menu.Detach()...

>Why would this work in 2k/XP with the Detach call though?  Just out of
>curiosity...

I've no idea why, but the OS's are subtly different in many respects -
especially in the GDI area.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:43:22 GMT

1. Code runs fine on Win2k, but not Win95/98

2. menu can not work in Windows 98(vc6)

3. Dialogs don't display on Win2K/98

4. UserControl does not show on running form and properies do not show

5. MFC application showing on taskbar under window's 98

6. Newbie: Menu and icons not showing ?

7. Document Menu not showing up in NT 4

8. TrackPopupMenu does not show menu labels

9. CMultiDocTemplate not showing correct menu?

10. OCX created in VB does not show Menu in CDialog

11. Mnemonic underlines not showing in menu times.

12. Menu not showing checked symbol