Tab not functioning inside property sheet/pages
Author Message
 Tab not functioning inside property sheet/pages

I have a property sheet (containing 2 property pages) embedded in a
dialog box.  The tab key works fine among the dialog box controls.
But it does not work inside the property sheet.  The property sheet
can get focus, but once the tab key is hit, the focus moves out of the
property sheet and back to other dialog box controls.  How can I get
the tab key to work inside the property sheet/pages?

rlc

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:12:19 GMT
 Tab not functioning inside property sheet/pages

Quote:
>I have a property sheet (containing 2 property pages) embedded in a
>dialog box.  The tab key works fine among the dialog box controls.
>But it does not work inside the property sheet.  The property sheet
>can get focus, but once the tab key is hit, the focus moves out of the
>property sheet and back to other dialog box controls.  How can I get
>the tab key to work inside the property sheet/pages?

Richard,

Have a look at Knowledge Base article Q149501 "PRB: Child
CPropertySheet Hangs If Focus Is Switched". It sounds like you need to
add the WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT style to the embedded property sheet.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:47:43 GMT

1. Q: Set Tab Window Text in Property Page/Property Sheet

2. Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

3. Tab navigation in property sheets inside dialogs

4. TAB Controls or Property SHeet/Pages?

5. Tabbed Dialog Boxed (Not Property Sheet)

6. Property sheets: Changing [tab] to [alt][tab]?

7. Newbie::Howto Resize gridcontrol inside a property page inside a view

8. Property Sheet and Property pages in ATL

9. How to disable property page on property sheet.

10. Property sheet in a property page

11. Property pages disappearing from property sheet on selection

12. questions regarding property sheet and property page