File Open bug - files of type "all files" is missing
Author Message
 File Open bug - files of type "all files" is missing

Hi there, I have developed a very interresting problem.
I have written a few programs on my laptop (Win98), which are Ok. I then
transferred them to my desktop(Win98se). They are fine except that, the "file
open" dialog, does not show the normal "All Files entry" in the "files of type"
selection. Only a "______" is shown.
After loading C++ 6.0 also onto the Desktop (Win98se), and compiling the
programs, the problem still exists. However I have noticed that Visual C++6.0
development package(Standard) also has the "file open" problem.

Please help if you can. regards Trevor

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:18:05 GMT
 File Open bug - files of type "all files" is missing
Trevor!

Your description is a bit brief. Is this the default implementation from
MFC, or do you use CFileDialog directly in the code?, Is it only the All
files entry that gets corrupted?

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Hi there, I have developed a very interresting problem.
I have written a few programs on my laptop (Win98), which are Ok. I then
transferred them to my desktop(Win98se). They are fine except that, the
"file
open" dialog, does not show the normal "All Files entry" in the "files of
type"
selection. Only a "______" is shown.
After loading C++ 6.0 also onto the Desktop (Win98se), and compiling the
programs, the problem still exists. However I have noticed that Visual
C++6.0
development package(Standard) also has the "file open" problem.

Please help if you can. regards Trevor

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:09:50 GMT

1. Help: Missing dll file "msvcp60.dll"

2. EZ: File.Copy("url", local-file)?

3. "Too many open files" in UNIX

4. Why "cannot open file nafxcwd.lib"?

5. newbie question - "Cannot open include file"

6. VC5 errorC1083 "Too many files open"

7. cannot open file "mfc42ud.lib"??

8. cannot open file "nafxcwd.lib"

9. Help: "Too many open files..." error