common dialogs subclassing
Author Message
 common dialogs subclassing

hello people,

I'm writing a thing that browses the disk.
I don't want to reinvent the wheel so I've decided to use common dialogs.
my object has to browse only directories but no files.

how can I do this?

I need to know how can I get the current dir, make read only the edit
control and
disable the combo box. the point is that I need to know when the user clicks
on a dir
not on a file.

thanks!

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 common dialogs subclassing

How about using SHBrowseForFolder()? There is sample code which demonstrates
this in the SDK docs.

--Carter

Quote:

>hello people,

>I'm writing a thing that browses the disk.
>I don't want to reinvent the wheel so I've decided to use common dialogs.
>my object has to browse only directories but no files.

>how can I do this?

>I need to know how can I get the current dir, make read only the edit
>control and
>disable the combo box. the point is that I need to know when the user
clicks
>on a dir
>not on a file.

>thanks!

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 common dialogs subclassing

Quote:

> hello people,

> I'm writing a thing that browses the disk.
> I don't want to reinvent the wheel so I've decided to use common dialogs.
> my object has to browse only directories but no files.

> how can I do this?

> I need to know how can I get the current dir, make read only the edit
> control and
> disable the combo box. the point is that I need to know when the user clicks
> on a dir
> not on a file.

> thanks!

Which versions of Windows are you targeting?

        Rail
--
        Recording Engineer/Software Developer
        Rail Jon Rogut Software

Wed, 28 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Global Subclassing a common Dialog

2. Subclassing Toolbar Common Control & GetOpenFileName()

3. Cannot display the dialog derived from common file dialog

4. Nesting Common File Dialog within my Dialog

5. Common Open Dialog not displaying a dialog when file doesn't exist

6. Subclassing the procedure belonging to a dialog of another application

7. Strange behavior when subclassing a static control in modal dialog

8. subclassing controls in dynamically biult dialog box

9. Subclassing dialog boxes

10. New MVP Essay: subclassing dialogs

11. Subclassing all dialogs edits

12. Subclassing Dialogs