Launching dialog box with ActiveX Control...
Author Message
 Launching dialog box with ActiveX Control...

Greetings.

I created an DLL, statically linked to MFC, that exports a function.  This
function displays a modal dialog box.

I explicitly link to this DLL from an MFC executable and I call the
function.  The function indeed works and displays the dialog box.

I go back to the DLL and alter the dialog box to include an ActiveX control
and recompile.  Now when I call the function from the MFC executable, I get:

CoCreateInstance of OLE control {FACE0300-0008-11CF-AFBE-00AA006B77CB}
failed.

Quote:
>>> Result code: 0x800401f0
>>> Is the control is properly registered?

Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init.
Warning: Dialog creation failed!

The control seems to be registered properly, and I am calling
AfxEnableControlContainer() in both the EXE and the DLL.

Anyone have any clues?

..dan

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: activex control in dialog box in mfc user dll (dialog not launching)

2. Cannot launch dialog w/ ActiveX control

3. ATL ActiveX Composite Control WITHOUT a dialog box?

4. Cannot add an ActiveX control to a DLL dialog box

5. ActiveX Control in Dialog Box

6. ActiveX control from dialog box in DLL?

7. Assertion in wincore.cpp when I close a dialog box having Activex controls

8. How do you add an ActiveX control to a dialog box

9. Tab order in dialog box with any activeX control

10. Getting events from an ActiveX control not in a dialog box

11. Using ActiveX controls on dialog boxes?

12. HELP! ActiveX controls in dialog box