How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?
Author Message
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

Quote:

>I would like to know how to have the main window of my Win32 application
>open, but not display the associated button on the taskbar.

Use CreateWindowEx() instead of CreateWindow() to create your main window.
Make sure the extended style bit WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW is asserted.

Regards,
Will

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to have the main window of my Win32 application
open, but not display the associated button on the taskbar.

I know how to hide the button when the window is minimised by the user
(I have a status tray icon so it can be restored), but I also want the
button to be hidden when the window is visible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Ned.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

Quote:
>Use CreateWindowEx() instead of CreateWindow() to create your main window.
>Make sure the extended style bit WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW is asserted.

This works but your main window doesn't look like a main window anymore! IMO
the best way to do it is to make your main window an empty frame and use the
ShowWindow command during initialisation to hide the window.

From this window you can show/hide your REAL main window, without a taskbar
button every appearing.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

[ newsgroups trimmed]

I think you can check out Mike B.s sample called stealth .. That does this.
Its here http://www.nwlink.com/~mikeblas/samples/index.htm  Check it out.

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP]

Quote:

>Hi everyone,

>I would like to know how to have the main window of my Win32 application
>open, but not display the associated button on the taskbar.

>I know how to hide the button when the window is minimised by the user
>(I have a status tray icon so it can be restored), but I also want the
>button to be hidden when the window is visible.

>Can anyone help?

>Thanks in advance,

>Ned.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

It turns out to be a trivial problem to solve:  all 'owned' windows do not
show up in the taskbar.  So the short answer is to make your window 'owned'
(not a child!) by a hidden dummy window.

Quote:

--
Bret Pehrson
Steton Technology Group

Remove .nospam to send mail
NOSPAM

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

I see you like to crosspost :-).  Anyway, this is an issue I messed around
with for quite a while, but in the end had some luck solving the problem.
My method is to use a dialog as my main window, and set the window style to
appbar, or toolbar (I forget the name, and don't have the code infront of
me).  Be sure to remove the old style, whatever it is, for that style will
override the one that hides the button in the task bar.

Good luck, email me if you have any questions.

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I would like to know how to have the main window of my Win32 application
> open, but not display the associated button on the taskbar.

> I know how to hide the button when the window is minimised by the user
> (I have a status tray icon so it can be restored), but I also want the
> button to be hidden when the window is visible.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks in advance,

> Ned.

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing dialog/window button from taskbar

2. Removing button from taskbar

3. Removing taskbar buttons

4. Remove app from taskbar

5. A way to remove a Dialog based app from the taskbar works, with a hitch

6. App with CDialog as main window without button on taskbar

7. How do I remove the taskbar button for my app?

8. How to remove garbage characters at the end when doing file.read()

9. Removing Marks after doing a find

10. Remove Window from taskbar

11. Removing Window from 'Start Menu' taskbar

12. how to hide or remove taskbar?