Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap (non-dll)
Author Message
 Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap (non-dll)

I just beat myself up on this and figured I'd post my stupid mistake
here to help me the next time I do it <g>.  There are plenty of posts
about RtlValidateHelp() dealing with dlls, but that wasn't my mistake.

Basically, I freed an array of pointers using "delete" rather than
"delete[]".  What is strange it that it worked for months with this
mistake, until I added a CString to the object that was being pointed
to... poof.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:30:20 GMT
 Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap (non-dll)
The other members of the object probably didn't have destructors that needed
calling, CString does, of course.

Best Regards
Julian N.

Quote:
> I just beat myself up on this and figured I'd post my stupid mistake
> here to help me the next time I do it <g>.  There are plenty of posts
> about RtlValidateHelp() dealing with dlls, but that wasn't my mistake.

> Basically, I freed an array of pointers using "delete" rather than
> "delete[]".  What is strange it that it worked for months with this
> mistake, until I added a CString to the object that was being pointed
> to... poof.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:05:58 GMT

1. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap in EXE Server

2. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

3. HEAP[my.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 1940000, 1b73290 )

4. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

5. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

6. Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap

7. "Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap(..)"

8. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap (Debug in Win2000 Proffesional+SP3)

9. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap

10. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap ...

11. Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 80000, 859ce0 )

12. Incomplete import address table causes jump to invalid address