Crystal Reports 7.0 MFC bug (VC++ 6.0 / CRPE / Access / ODBC)
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 7.0 MFC bug (VC++ 6.0 / CRPE / Access / ODBC)

Hi All,

I've encountered a bug with currency fields in Crystal Reports 7.0,
when using the Crystal MFC library classes.

When compiling my project in release mode (MFC shared DLL) all
fractional currency parts are truncated to '00'. E.g.: the amount fl.
12,34 is shown as fl. 12,00.

It must have something to do with my regional Dutch (currency)
settings, when I remove the setlocale( LC_ALL, "" ); function from my
program the problem doesn't occurs anymore.

I suspect it has something to do with a locale bug in the ODBC Jet
driver or CRPE engine, because in Holland we're using a comma instead
of a point to separate the decimal from the fractional part in currency
fields.

(I'm reporting from a MS Access 97 database using ODBC, under Win98)

The strange part is when I compile in MFC shared DLL debug mode or MFC
static library release / debug, the problem does not show up.

The problem also occurs when I add setlocale( LC_ALL, "" ); to the
Crystal Reports MFC demo, and compile this demo for use with the shared
MFC DLL. (the demo is standard using the static MFC library.)

I'm working on this problem for about a day and couldn't find a
solution so far.

Your help is highly appreciated,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Crystal Reports 7.0 MFC bug (VC++ 6.0 / CRPE / Access / ODBC)

2. MFC ODBC Recordset Access 7.0 Bug

3. a bug in VC 7.0 (but not in VC 6.0)

4. Crystal Reports: SQL Server & MS VC++ 6.0

5. Problem linking with Crystal Reports and MS VC++ 6.0 Professional

6. Accessing OLE objects in Crystal Reports through VC++

7. Accessing OLE objects in Crystal Reports through VC++

8. Crystal Reports - in VC (anyone done it?) reporting

9. VC++ 5.0, ODBC - Access 7.0 Performance Crash

10. MFC 7.0 with VC 6.0?

11. Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

12. row level locking under VC++/MFC/CRecordset and ODBC with SQL 7.0