CScrollView Question
Author Message
 CScrollView Question

Hello,

I have a SDI app that has a static splitter in the mainframe. The left side
of the splitter has a view which contains a property sheet. The property
sheet contains 3 property pages. Originally, I derived the view in this pane
from CView and then realized that I needed scrolling capability because of
size differences of the screens on the machine that the app was running on.

I changed the style of the view to a WS_VSCROLL and manually tried to
implement the scroll which was difficult due to the view scrolling, on top
of the property sheet scroll, on top of the property page scroll.

Reading the MSDN I decided to re-do the app and derive my view in the static
splitter from CScrollView. The problem is that I'm not getting any scroll
bars displaying, even when I changed the style in the PreCreateWindow()
function.

I'm not too experienced with manipulating views like this. I'm reading the
MSDN doc, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Can anyone point me in a direction to go just to get me started? Are my
intentions valid RE. CScrollView in a static splitter?

Thanks so much,

Bob

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:56:59 GMT
 CScrollView Question
Sorry folks,

I didn't realize that SetScrollSizes() determined when the scroll bars
appear. If I get the rectangle of my property sheet and input that to
SetScrollSizes() then when the size of the view gets smaller than these
dimensions, the bars appear and the user can scroll.

Still experimenting. Sorry to trouble.

Bob

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have a SDI app that has a static splitter in the mainframe. The left
side
> of the splitter has a view which contains a property sheet. The property
> sheet contains 3 property pages. Originally, I derived the view in this
pane
> from CView and then realized that I needed scrolling capability because of
> size differences of the screens on the machine that the app was running
on.

> I changed the style of the view to a WS_VSCROLL and manually tried to
> implement the scroll which was difficult due to the view scrolling, on top
> of the property sheet scroll, on top of the property page scroll.

> Reading the MSDN I decided to re-do the app and derive my view in the
static
> splitter from CScrollView. The problem is that I'm not getting any scroll
> bars displaying, even when I changed the style in the PreCreateWindow()
> function.

> I'm not too experienced with manipulating views like this. I'm reading the
> MSDN doc, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

> Can anyone point me in a direction to go just to get me started? Are my
> intentions valid RE. CScrollView in a static splitter?

> Thanks so much,

> Bob

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:20:46 GMT

1. CScrollView question

2. Easy CScrollview question

3. CScrollview question

4. Easy CScrollView question

5. CScrollView question

6. a CScrollView question

7. CScrollView question

8. CScrollView question

9. Easy CScrollView question

10. Question on CScrollView::ScrollToPosition()

11. Question on CScrollView

12. Question abou CScrollView