Porting Windows 98 apllication to Windows 2000 problem.
Author Message
 Porting Windows 98 apllication to Windows 2000 problem.

Hi ,

My application works perfectly well on Windows 98, but having problems when i run
the same application on Windows 2000.

Problem Number 1.
My application is a multithreaded GUI application, the threads in this
application are properly synchronized in Windows 98 whereas in Windows 2000 they
are not properly synchronized. why is this problem. Is it because the Windows
2000 makes use of Multiple processors.

Problem No 2.
The Bitmaps in the application on Windows 2000 are appearing slanted. why is
this?

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:18:03 GMT
 Porting Windows 98 apllication to Windows 2000 problem.
I don't know the answers to your specific problems, but when you are (or me,
anyway), developing for Win98, a lot of parameters to function calls have
the documented comment ("ignored for Win95/98"). I was just putting a '0' in
this case, whereas in Win NT you need to specify something, like a pointer
to security attributes structure etc. Go thru your system calls to things
like semaphores and files etc checking out the doco.

Hi ,

My application works perfectly well on Windows 98, but having problems when
i run
the same application on Windows 2000.

Problem Number 1.
My application is a multithreaded GUI application, the threads in this
application are properly synchronized in Windows 98 whereas in Windows 2000
they
are not properly synchronized. why is this problem. Is it because the
Windows
2000 makes use of Multiple processors.

Problem No 2.
The Bitmaps in the application on Windows 2000 are appearing slanted. why is
this?

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:10:43 GMT

1. Porting Windows 2000 program to windows 98

2. Is programming windows 98 the same as programming windows 2000

3. VC++, windows 2000 and windows 98

4. Dialog Resource Color Changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

5. Bitmap Color Change when I changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

6. Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

7. Bitmap Background Colors from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

8. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

9. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++

10. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

11. QuickView in Windows 98 / 2000

12. windows 2000 pro or windows 2000 server?