undocumented IP Helper function, NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid
Author Message
 undocumented IP Helper function, NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid

I'm trying to find out the correct way to use the NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid
function.  ipconfig.exe uses this function.  I am trying to write a program
almost exactly like ipconfig.exe (in some respects)  I need a way to get the
"friendly" interface name for the interfaces returned by GetAdaptersInfo()
function.  NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid is an undocumented function.  If
anyone has any suggestions on how I can go about finding the correct way to
use this function I would appreciate it.  I've tried stepping through the
assembly of ipconfig.exe and that's just about the most painful thing ever.
Thanks,
Brian Braunstein

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:24:32 GMT
 undocumented IP Helper function, NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid
IP_ADAPTER_INFO.AdapterName nor IP_ADAPTER_INFO.Description contain that
information?

Quote:
> I'm trying to find out the correct way to use the

NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid
Quote:
> function.  ipconfig.exe uses this function.  I am trying to write a
program
> almost exactly like ipconfig.exe (in some respects)  I need a way to get
the
> "friendly" interface name for the interfaces returned by GetAdaptersInfo()
> function.  NhGetInterfaceNameFromGuid is an undocumented function.  If
> anyone has any suggestions on how I can go about finding the correct way
> use this function I would appreciate it.  I've tried stepping through the
> assembly of ipconfig.exe and that's just about the most painful thing
ever.
> Thanks,
> Brian Braunstein

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:49:21 GMT

1. IP Helper functions under Win98

2. IP Helper functions and DHCP

3. IP Helper Functions in Microsoft Embedded VC++

4. Where is the header file for IP Helper APIs

5. IP Helper files

6. IP Helper Classes

7. IP Helper include files and help files

8. Undocumented Turbo C library functions

9. "Undocumented" function DllRegisterServerEx

10. "Undocumented" function DllRegisterServerEx

11. Why are convertor functions used in wordpad undocumented in MSDN

12. Undocumented functions in wsock32.dll