mfc42d.dll dependency
Author Message
 mfc42d.dll dependency

Hi, all.

I have a project with 2 build configuration: debug and
release. The output is mine.exe. The problem I am seeing
is that even if I build the release configuration, the
resultant mine.exe still depends on mfc42d.dll.

I am using 'depends' utility to verify that and what's
interesting is that all other dlls are release dlls:
msvcrt.dll, mfc42.dll, etc. But at the end of the
dependency list there is mfc42d.dll.

I understand this can be only caused by either compile or
link options. I looked at the flags used but couldn't
really find anything obvious.

Please, help!
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:26:02 GMT
 mfc42d.dll dependency
You can speficy to link to a library without using a compile or link
options. Have you made sure that _DEBUG is not defined in Preprocessor
definitions?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Hi, all.

> I have a project with 2 build configuration: debug and
> release. The output is mine.exe. The problem I am seeing
> is that even if I build the release configuration, the
> resultant mine.exe still depends on mfc42d.dll.

> I am using 'depends' utility to verify that and what's
> interesting is that all other dlls are release dlls:
> msvcrt.dll, mfc42.dll, etc. But at the end of the
> dependency list there is mfc42d.dll.

> I understand this can be only caused by either compile or
> link options. I looked at the flags used but couldn't
> really find anything obvious.

> Please, help!
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Vic

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:20:23 GMT
 mfc42d.dll dependency
Here are the options that I have:

compiler:

/nologo
/MD
/W3
/GX
/O2
/I "..\globals"
/D "NDEBUG"
/D "_AFXDLL"
/D "USE_REPEATS"
/D "_X86_"
/D "WIN32"
/D "_WINDOWS"
/D "_MBCS"
/D int16_t=short
/D u_int16_t="unsigned short"
/D int32_t=long
/D u_int32_t="unsigned long"
/D int8_t=char
/D u_int8_t="unsigned char"
/FR"rmd/"
/Fo"rmd/"
/Fd"rmd/"
/FD
/c

Linker:

winmm.lib
ws2_32.lib
/nologo
/subsystem:windows
/incremental:yes
/pdb:"rmd/mine.pdb"
/machine:I386
/nodefaultlib:"libc"
/nodefaultlib:"nafxcw"
/nodefaultlib:"msvcrtd"
/out:"rmd/mine.exe"
/libpath:"..\..\libmfcgui"

Thanks,
Vic

Quote:
> You can speficy to link to a library without using a compile or link
> options. Have you made sure that _DEBUG is not defined in Preprocessor
> definitions?

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Hi, all.

> > I have a project with 2 build configuration: debug and
> > release. The output is mine.exe. The problem I am seeing
> > is that even if I build the release configuration, the
> > resultant mine.exe still depends on mfc42d.dll.

> > I am using 'depends' utility to verify that and what's
> > interesting is that all other dlls are release dlls:
> > msvcrt.dll, mfc42.dll, etc. But at the end of the
> > dependency list there is mfc42d.dll.

> > I understand this can be only caused by either compile or
> > link options. I looked at the flags used but couldn't
> > really find anything obvious.

> > Please, help!
> > Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Vic

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:59:58 GMT

1. Is MFC42D.DLL really MFC42D.DLL?

2. Mfc42d.dll Mfco42d.dll and Msvcrtd.dll

3. Bug in my programm with MF42.DLL but not with MFC42D.DLL

4. Die Ordnungszahl 5076 konnte in der DLL "mfc42d.dll nicht gefunden werden

5. Trouble when using both MFC42.dll and MFC42D.dll

6. Finding dll dependencies of a dll(COM server)

7. First-chance exception in MSDEV.EXE (MFC42D.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

8. mfc42d.dll - help

9. MFC42D.DLL lost !

10. Error in MFC42D.DLL

11. relased compiled application still using mfc42d.dll

12. Unhandled Exception in MyApp.exe ( MFC42D.DLL ): 0xC0000005: Access Violation