sharing data between Excel sheed and ActiveX ctl
Author Message
 sharing data between Excel sheed and ActiveX ctl

Hi,

I am writing an ActiveX control in C++ & MFC (VC++6), that uses data stored
in an Excel sheed (5 cols, more thatn 600 rows). The ActiveX control has to
use these data to draw a dendrogram.
Is there a way to (1) directy read the Excel data and (2) even automatically
update the Dendrogramm, if the data have been changed?
I read a lot about IDataObject but found no way to define a DataSource in
Excel VBA.
I tried the following code (may be it's all damed easy??) but only get an
error 13 (typ miss match) as expected.

Datenauswahl = Selection
Dendro2.DataPointer = Datenauswahl        ' Error 13

Dendro2 is my denrogramm ActiveX and DataPointer is  defined as
[id(1)] IUnknown* DataPointer;

Many thanks for any hint that helps to solve the problem or for an example

Edgar

Dialectometry Project: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ctl-C, Ctl-X and Ctl-V in RichEditCtrl

2. ActiveX Ctl within a List Control

3. Pro. in ActiveX Ctl of ATL

4. newbie: subclassing richedit in an ActiveX MFC ctl

5. ActiveX ctl runs ok in Release but only at design time

6. Pro. in ActiveX Ctl of ATL

7. Q: ActiveX CTL Getting Printer Info From Container

8. Security Alert with ActiveX ctl

9. Pro. in ActiveX Ctl of ATL

10. DLL with shared data/class not sharing...

11. Common areas/common data/data sharing

12. get color with excel activex