Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
Author Message
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid

Hi, Is there a activeX control or a MFC view class that shows an ADO
recordset in a grid ??  Is there any other way of achieving this ??

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:41:43 GMT
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
The MSHFlexGrid will do a display of recordsets.  If you really want to muck
with the data and make it dance use a third party control called
TrueDBGridPro. Just a note TrueDBGridPro may seem a bit too much at first
but it really has some nice features once you get use to it.

Steven Szelei

Quote:
> Hi, Is there a activeX control or a MFC view class that shows an ADO
> recordset in a grid ??  Is there any other way of achieving this ??

> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:00:42 GMT
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
Hi, thanks for the detail.  In my project I have imported the ADO dll and
create the recordset as follows :

_RecordsetPtr m_pRs;
  m_pRs.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Recordset));
  m_pRs->CursorLocation = adUseClient;
  m_pRs->Open((LPCTSTR)m_strCmdText, (LPCTSTR)m_strConnection, adOpenStatic,
   adLockReadOnly, adCmdUnknown);

Now using m_pRs and using MSHFlexGrid how can I connect the both.  I plan to
create new VC++ classes from the ocx for MSHFlexGrid and use it.
Code example will help a lot.l

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
> The MSHFlexGrid will do a display of recordsets.  If you really want to
muck
> with the data and make it dance use a third party control called
> TrueDBGridPro. Just a note TrueDBGridPro may seem a bit too much at first
> but it really has some nice features once you get use to it.

> Steven Szelei

> > Hi, Is there a activeX control or a MFC view class that shows an ADO
> > recordset in a grid ??  Is there any other way of achieving this ??

> > Thanks in advance.

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:18:22 GMT
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
why you don't use MS DataGrid ActiveX that came with VC++6
its easy to connect and change properties at runtime.

Quote:

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:06:14 GMT
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
Where can I find this in VC++.  Do I need to insert the activeX control on a
dialog ?? I am new to VC++, please help.

Quote:
> why you don't use MS DataGrid ActiveX that came with VC++6
> its easy to connect and change properties at runtime.

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:57:54 GMT
 Displaying ADO recordset in a grid
Quote:

> Where can I find this in VC++.  Do I need to insert the activeX control on a
> dialog ?? I am new to VC++, please help.

Seearch in the online help for "MS DataGrid"

- Anders G

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:13:16 GMT

1. Displaying ADO recordset in a grid

2. Displaying ADO recordset in a grid

3. ADO Data Grid only Displays first two Fields

4. Problem with ADO recordsets of recordsets under MTS

5. Speed of ADO Recordset vs ADO Command in VC

6. ADO.Stream and ADO.RecordSet

7. how to display data source in several pages in ado.net like i do in ado

8. Simple ADO/Data Grid Question

9. MS Data Grid Control - ADO

10. ADO Data Grid?

11. Simple ADO/Data Grid Question