Tab Controls and MDI windows
Author Message
 Tab Controls and MDI windows

I have seen in several programs a clever system where the MDI windows are
not scattered over the MDIFrame as individual windows, but are all
maximised, with a tab-bar which lists each window, so you can select the
view by tab instead of 'Window Menu' or whatever.

I have 2 problems:
1) Should I use a CDialogBar and then have the TabCtrl resize itself, or can
I use a CControlBar or similar?

2) How do I get round the fact that MDI isn't designed for this styling, and
will insist on max/min children which minimise rather than just changing to
the tabs.

3) With the MDIFrame, you can tile the windows so you can see 2 children
side-by-side. I want to so similar with a splitter, so that the splitter not
only splits the document, but splits the tabctrl, so you then have 2
identical tabctrls. That is, the user can split the document, and then
select a different window on one side for comparison. With a dynamic
splitter, it ises the same view either side, for the same document, but the
staic splitter appears anyway. I want the freedom of the dynamic splitter,
but with the difference of view of the static. Is there anyway to roll the
functionality of both types of splitters into one?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Andrew Ratcliffe

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI Children Within a Tab Control

2. Tabbing in MDI Child Windows

3. TAB key, controls and child windows with controls

4. MDI app, but all children maximised with a tab control to select

5. Inverting windows tab control

6. Tab-like control in Visual Studio 6 output window

7. Tab Control In Windows xp visual style

8. Tab-like control in Visual Studio 6 output window

9. Output Window Tab Control?

10. Newbie->How to add Tabbed control to child window

11. Newbie->How to add Tabbed control to child window

12. Tab-like control in Visual Studio 6 output window