How to debug a doc-object that comes in-place in browser
Author Message
 How to debug a doc-object that comes in-place in browser

Hi everyone!

How can I debug an application which is a Doc-object Server
which comes in-place within a browser? If I specify the name
of the executable in VC++ de{*filter*} as Iexplore.exe it says,
(and rightfully so) that no debug information found in the
.exe file specified. If on the other hand I specify the executable
name as the name of the doc-object server itself (eg. abc.exe)
then it opens in the standalone mode, and not within the browser.

Any suggestions? Please help

Thanks
-Thomas.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to debug a doc-object that comes in-place in browser

Try this, it's from VC++ CD document:

Debugging ActiveX Servers

1.Start debugging the server as a normal application.
2.Set breakpoints as desired.
3.Start the container application.

For information on viewing symbolic information for both the container
and the server, see Debugging ActiveX Containers and Servers
Simultaneously.

Note The Visual C++ de{*filter*} supports stepping across and into
containers and servers. This includes the ability to step across Remote
Procedure Calls (RPC). For more information, see Debugging ActiveX
Applications.

See Also Debugging ActiveX Containers

--
Jimmy Han                       Tel: (408)527-3824
Software Engineer               Fax: (408)527-7099

Quote:

> Hi everyone!

> How can I debug an application which is a Doc-object Server
> which comes in-place within a browser? If I specify the name
> of the executable in VC++ de{*filter*} as Iexplore.exe it says,
> (and rightfully so) that no debug information found in the
> .exe file specified. If on the other hand I specify the executable
> name as the name of the doc-object server itself (eg. abc.exe)
> then it opens in the standalone mode, and not within the browser.

> Any suggestions? Please help

> Thanks
> -Thomas.

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 2 Views of 1 Doc INPLACE

2. Inplace activated doc resize problem

3. 1 Doc / 2 Views / InPlace

4. Multi views / 1 doc / inplace

5. 1 Doc / 2 Views / Inplace

6. Swapping inplace active doc.

7. Inplace activated doc resize problem

8. Object missing in Object Browser

9. Message Box Coming Up While Debugging

10. Place a controls on doc window

11. How does Web browser select ActiveX doc server?

12. Browser plugin from doc/view app