Ever seen debug build HWND != release HWND
Author Message
 Ever seen debug build HWND != release HWND

 Hi All,
  While tormenting myself over my problems with joySetCapture() I became
convinced that the problem has something to do with the HWND passed to the
function.  The capture call works fine only under release builds.  Under
debug build, nada.  The only change I could find between the two builds is
how handles get changed using DECLARE_HANDLE.  The handle is intrinsically a
void pointer, but the trick used to make STRICT work make HWND a pointer to
a structure of type HWND__ , which is a structure of one int named "unused".

  Now, an instance of this structure is never created...or is it.  What
happens to these pointers when they go through the thunker on their way to
winmm.dll?  Is it possible that a copy of the structure is being made and a
pointer to the copy being forwarded to joySetCapture() under the debug
build?

 Has anyone else seen things fail under debug that work under release?

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get HWND in ::GetDlgItem(HWND hDlg,ID_SECTIONS) before dlg.DoModal()

2. Question on HWND hDlg Parameter in ::SetDlgItemText(HWND hDlg, int nIDDlgItem, LPTSTR lpString, int nMaxCount)

3. How to get HWND in ::GetDlgItem(HWND hDlg,ID_SECTIONS) before dlg.DoModal()

4. HWND hWnd

5. Question on HWND hDlg Parameter in ::SetDlgItemText(HWND hDlg, int nIDDlgItem, LPTSTR lpString, int nMaxCount)

6. DestroyWindow( HWND hWnd ) doesnt kill window

7. retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam

8. How to see the real values of the HWND, HINSTANCE etc when debugging

9. Debug build breaks, Release build ok

10. Debug Build vs. Release Build

11. Debug Build works Release build doesn't?

12. Protection Violation in Release Build but not in Debug Build