Programmatically setting "pages per sheet"
Author Message
 Programmatically setting "pages per sheet"

How do I programatically set the number of pages per sheet (and their
orientation) on printers that are capable of doing this, - without launching
any dialogue. Any approach/language will do, as long as it works...

BR //JD.

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 06:22:29 GMT
 Programmatically setting "pages per sheet"

Quote:
> How do I programatically set the number of pages per sheet (and their
> orientation) on printers that are capable of doing this, - without launching
> any dialogue. Any approach/language will do, as long as it works...

> BR //JD.

the only way I can think of doing this is with a custom separator page using
PCL. I don't know about 'pages per sheet' tho.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q131/7/14.asp

Just a thought, I don't really know exactly what you mean and I also don't know
if this will do the trick.

--
Jim vh

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:08:45 GMT
 Programmatically setting "pages per sheet"
I think unless you are using a specific printer you are out of luck, all the
information for print jobs in windows is stored in a devmode structure which
has two sections, a generic section for all the standard config like paper
tray, orientation, etc. The second section is extended and specific to each
individual printer driver, it is not even likely to be common across
different versions of the driver.

Why don't you do this all in code then you could support any printer.

Tony

Quote:

> How do I programatically set the number of pages per sheet (and their
> orientation) on printers that are capable of doing this, - without
launching
> any dialogue. Any approach/language will do, as long as it works...

> BR //JD.

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:06:40 GMT
 Programmatically setting "pages per sheet"
Tony,

What do you mean by your statement "Why don't you do this all in code then
you could support any printer"?

Basically what I want to do is to control the way different types of
documents are printed (from pretty normal apps) like powerpoint=>4 pages per
sheet, word => two pages per sheet. Thus, I don't have the ability to do it
in the application as such, rather I've to fix something that adjust the
printer setup for every print job. There is a limited number of printers
targeted (two to be precise).

BR //JD.

Quote:
> I think unless you are using a specific printer you are out of luck, all
the
> information for print jobs in windows is stored in a devmode structure
which
> has two sections, a generic section for all the standard config like paper
> tray, orientation, etc. The second section is extended and specific to
each
> individual printer driver, it is not even likely to be common across
> different versions of the driver.

> Why don't you do this all in code then you could support any printer.

> Tony

> > How do I programatically set the number of pages per sheet (and their
> > orientation) on printers that are capable of doing this, - without
> launching
> > any dialogue. Any approach/language will do, as long as it works...

> > BR //JD.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:21:21 GMT

1. Implement "route print" programmatically

2. Windows "Show Desktop" programmatically

3. where is "property sheet"?

4. "Page Printer" window

5. Help "Lost Web page"

6. fwrite man page "error"

7. Win 98 "Invalid Page Fault", works fine on W2K, NT

8. "In Page" Error

9. "Find in page" in CHtmlView

10. Wizard Pages and "?"

11. "code page" problem