Q: subclassing windows in other application
Author Message
 Q: subclassing windows in other application

Dear Sirs,

Windows SDK,  I can subclass window by using "SetWindowLong" function and
create own WindowProcedure then subsitute the old.  But the problem is
subclassing window in other application by using MFC.   How can I subclass
window in other application by using MFC?   Please tell me.

Thanks,

Decha K.

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: subclassing windows in other application

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Q: subclassing windows in other application

Check out the KB article "HOWTO: Subclass a Window in Windows 95"
ID: Q125680 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q125/6/80.asp which
tells you what all you need to do for subclassing. You can do almost the same
thing as Windows SDK to make it work in MFC. But, the biggest problem is that
you cannot  subclass windows of other processes without jumping hoops.

--
Girish Bharadwaj  [VC++/MVP]
Please don't send email queries.Post them here.

|Dear Sirs,
|
|Windows SDK,  I can subclass window by using "SetWindowLong" function and
|create own WindowProcedure then subsitute the old.  But the problem is
|subclassing window in other application by using MFC.   How can I subclass
|window in other application by using MFC?   Please tell me.
|
|Thanks,
|
|Decha K.

Sat, 04 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: subclassing windows in other application

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Q: subclassing windows in other application

You can find an answer in:
"Load Your 32-bit DLL into Another Process's Address Space Using
INJLIB" by Jeffrey Richter, MSJ May 1994.

or, in Microsoft Knowledge Base, the article:
HOWTO: Subclass a Window in Windows 95
Last reviewed: March 4, 1997
Article ID: Q125680

(It's in MSDN).

If you want - e-mail me and I'll e-mail you the article.

Naama

On Mon, 18 May 1998 22:54:18 +0700, "Decha Kanjanakultomrong"

Quote:

>Dear Sirs,

>Windows SDK,  I can subclass window by using "SetWindowLong" function and
>create own WindowProcedure then subsitute the old.  But the problem is
>subclassing window in other application by using MFC.   How can I subclass
>window in other application by using MFC?   Please tell me.

>Thanks,

>Decha K.

Naama Bamberger
Accent Software International

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Subclassing a window in another application?

2. running windows application from another windows application

3. sending/getting messages to others windows

4. Subclassing the procedure belonging to a dialog of another application

5. Subclassing a 3rd party application?!?

6. Challenge: Subclassing another application

7. Subclassing window

8. Subclassing foreign window and changing memory in it

9. Subclassing a window in different process

10. Subclassing window

11. Subclassing Problem with Unicode Windows

12. Q: subclassing problem, with hook and windows messages