CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()
Author Message
 CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()

is CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect() the same as select()?
or could it function the same as select() in any way?
Thanks a lot!

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:04:05 GMT
 CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()
Not quite; you can read the code yourself. It does a WSAAsyncSelect, which is like
select() without the associated profound ugliness. It functions like select() only it is
about two orders of magnitude easier to use.

You should not have to worry about this at all. I've been programming asynchronous sockets
for several years and have never needed to worry about the select() or AsyncSelect()
operations.
                                joe

Quote:

>is CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect() the same as select()?
>or could it function the same as select() in any way?
>Thanks a lot!

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:39:39 GMT
 CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 01:00:00 GMT
 CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()

Quote:

Hi, Joe, thank you for you help!! you said "It functions
like select() only it is about two orders of magnitude
easier to use"; but in the help document of VC++, the
definition is like: BOOL AsyncSelect( long lEvent =
FD_READ | FD_WRITE | FD_OOB | FD_ACCEPT | FD_CONNECT |
FD_CLOSE ). looks like there is only one parameter; however
select() has 5 parameters. how can they two function the
same? could you pls elaberate a bit more on this? Thank
you so much!

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:44:04 GMT
 CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect()

Quote:

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:44:09 GMT

1. CAsyncSocket::AsyncSelect

2. Question regarding (old?) CAsyncSocket bug

3. Help CAsyncSocket In Thread

4. Problem using MFC CAsyncSocket in ATL Service project

5. ATL problem with CAsyncSocket

6. Weird problem while debugging a CAsyncSocket object

7. CAsyncSocket from inside a DLL

8. CAsyncSocket and receive buffer length

9. CAsyncSocket and IP

10. CAsyncSocket Callbacks [Help!!!!]

11. Override of CAsyncSocket::OnAccept fails

12. CAsyncSocket and IP