Minus Sign and Float. Pt. Edit Control
Author Message
 Minus Sign and Float. Pt. Edit Control

Hi,

One of my students had exactly the same problem and after DAYS of
worrying about it found that in the styles tab of the properties page of
the edit control he had "number" ticked. The result is that the edit box
will not accept anything other than numbers

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete

Quote:
> THIS DOESN'T WORK

> A second edit control was assigned the variable name m_fMyEdit.
> The valid range for this FLOAT was also set to plus or minus 10.
> I ran the program and the edit control WOULD NOT accept
> a MINUS sign!

> The error message indicated that the edit control wanted a
> number. Say what?

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Listbox, Listview controls strange sorting of minus sign

2. Are there std Floating Pt. Exts.?

3. CEdit Class Crashes with Minus Sign !

4. Here's how to add plus (+) and minus (-) signs to a CTreeCtrl

5. C minus minus.

6. Euro sign problem in multiline edit control

7. Edit Control for floating point numbers w/ spinner control

8. Edit Control for floating point numbers w/ spinner control

9. Accepting numbers and decimal point and negative sign in edit control

10. Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...

11. floating pt. cast as int

12. floating pt.: roundoff or truncate?