unicode switch
Author Message
 unicode switch

Hello,

I'm working with a project that has _UNICODE defined
(I'm not sure why). When I remove the switch the program
compiles OK. However, when it links I get the error

Linking...
msvcrtd.lib(wcrtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved

..\..\..\..\Products\Bin\Win32\Debug/McuTestApp.exe :
fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

How do I eliminate the linking error?

TIA,
Jacques

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:08:02 GMT
 unicode switch
    Probably you also need to remove the Entry-point symbol
'wWinMainCRTStartup'.

    Goto Project->Settings->Link tab.
     Select 'Output' as the Category.
     Remove the entry-point symbol that gets displayed.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm working with a project that has _UNICODE defined
> (I'm not sure why). When I remove the switch the program
> compiles OK. However, when it links I get the error

> Linking...
> msvcrtd.lib(wcrtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved

> ..\..\..\..\Products\Bin\Win32\Debug/McuTestApp.exe :
> fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.

> How do I eliminate the linking error?

> TIA,
> Jacques

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:39:27 GMT

1. Is there a switch to disable UNICODE in VC7.0

2. : Switch default back to switch?

3. UNICODE, programs using unicode

4. how to get unicode string from database in an none-unicode project

5. Unicode Edit box in non-unicode application?

6. Using Unicode DLL in Non-Unicode Exe

7. Any documentation for CL.EXE /Bt /Bd switches? Any other /B switches available?

8. Where does MFC switch menu when No MDI is present? How to prevent that from switching?

9. Bug in SQL Server 2000 ODBC driver when inserting unicode data in a non-unicode long varchar (text) column

10. Help ! Unicode to Multi byte and back to Unicode ?

11. LDAP: ldap_get_option for Hostname fails - UNICODE, non UNICODE both!

12. Unicode problems(Sending a Unicode String from VB to a dll)...