NT Service using ODBC to access SQL Server without MFC
Author Message
 NT Service using ODBC to access SQL Server without MFC

Is it possible to access a SQL Server database without using the MFC
libraries to create a recordset by using either C calls or C++ calls?
If so, please explain what needs to be looked at to accomplish this. I
am trying to find a way around using the MFC libraries in an NT
Service.  I cannot seem to find an answer for this.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Service using ODBC to access SQL Server without MFC
Scott,

Quote:
> Is it possible to access a SQL Server database without using the MFC
> libraries to create a recordset by using either C calls or C++ calls?
> If so, please explain what needs to be looked at to accomplish this. I
> am trying to find a way around using the MFC libraries in an NT
> Service.  I cannot seem to find an answer for this.

Sure There are ways to do this. In fact, at least a couple come to mind:
1- Use straight ODBC api (which is documented on MSDN)
2- Use ADO
3- Use OLEDB directly (if you are using SQL Server 7).

And you'll get mugh better responses by moving this conversation to
microsoft.public.vc.database, as that group is more on-topic.

--
Tomas Restrepo

http://members.xoom.com/trestrep/

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

2. Need ID of a record added to SQL-Server using MFC/ODBC/CRecordset

3. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

4. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

5. Using MFC (ODBC) in windows NT service

6. Help: Using MFC ODBC classes to access SQL BLOBs

7. Escape codes for SQL filter string using Access with MFC ODBC

8. Escape codes for SQL filter string using Access with MFC ODBC

9. Is it possible to access Visual FoxPro5.0 tables directly from VC++ MFC(without using ODBC)

10. How do I use SQL server in VC without ODBC

11. NT Service Using MFC (Samples\sdk\winnt\service) PLEASE HELP

12. Access SQL Server 2000 Data Analysis Services