ODBC Access DB(mdb)
Author Message
 ODBC Access DB(mdb)

I created a mdb in c:\testDB\ directory in Access, and created three tables
in it.
And I wanted to connect it in my program and failed. Could you tell me how
can I connect it and add data into it and read data from it?
(*** I never use MFC in this program ****) It will be used in dos.

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:20:28 GMT
 ODBC Access DB(mdb)

Quote:

>I created a mdb in c:\testDB\ directory in Access, and created three tables
>in it.
>And I wanted to connect it in my program and failed. Could you tell me how
>can I connect it and add data into it and read data from it?
>(*** I never use MFC in this program ****) It will be used in dos.

If you mean you've never used MFC before, then take a look at the
CRecordset sample files. If you mean you don't want to, then I think
you'll have to look closer at how ODBC works (messy: I'd use the
CRecordsets any day).

HTH

Paul.
Expressed opinions are usually my own.
Especially if they're any good (of course).

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:04:50 GMT
 ODBC Access DB(mdb)
Hi,
  My application is win32 console application. I can use CRecordset class,
but this application never uses MFC.

Thanks

Quote:

> >I created a mdb in c:\testDB\ directory in Access, and created three
tables
> >in it.
> >And I wanted to connect it in my program and failed. Could you tell me
how
> >can I connect it and add data into it and read data from it?
> >(*** I never use MFC in this program ****) It will be used in dos.

> If you mean you've never used MFC before, then take a look at the
> CRecordset sample files. If you mean you don't want to, then I think
> you'll have to look closer at how ODBC works (messy: I'd use the
> CRecordsets any day).

> HTH

> Paul.
> Expressed opinions are usually my own.
> Especially if they're any good (of course).

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:28:01 GMT

1. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

2. OLE DB and ODBC problems with Rowset Recordcount w/ JET MDB in C++

3. ODBC .mdb Database access

4. Access(.mdb) ODBC became seriously slower

5. DAO, ODBC with an Access MDB

6. Where to get the ODBC error codes of Access mdb

7. Accessing both Access db and SQLServer db faster from VC++

8. Native error code when working with ODBC Access DB

9. Access DB usage w/o ODBC

10. Accessing a DB with ODBC

11. ODBC Access DB, DBGrid Control

12. repairing and compacting a password protected ODBC Access db