How to generate execution profile of C++ program?
Author Message
 How to generate execution profile of C++ program?

I'm using C++ to develop a statistical analysis program that is extremely
compute intensive.  I would very much like to use the Execution Profiling
feature of Developer's Studio to identify the sections of the program that are
consuming the most CPU cycles.  However, the documentation I have found on
generating a profile seems to be incomplete, or at least I can't understand it.

Can someone give me some guidance about how to generate an execution profile?

Is there a tutorial or step-by-step instructions anywhere?

Thanks.

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:38:45 GMT

1. Execution profiling - CODE COVERAGE

2. Execution problem in C++ programming

3. Profiling an unmanaged C++ program in VS .NET?

4. Profiling VC7/VC71 generated code

5. Execution of another program from a running program

6. Alogarithms For Program seems to be correct but The Program has Execution Errors

7. exiting program if input during program execution

8. Help With C programs Generating C programs with certain characteristics

9. Execution time bottleneck: How to speed up execution?

10. Profiling a dll with prep, profile from commandline.

11. Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE

12. : How to display mail profile settings dialog box for the selected profile