Generating keypress...after getting input from system hook
Author Message
 Generating keypress...after getting input from system hook

I have a keyboard hook, that gets keyboard input into wParam and lParam.
Here is the prototype:

LRESULT CALLBACK MyKeyboardProc(int code, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam);

I send wParam and lParam to some remote computer on the network.

Then:

keybd_event (wParam, NULL, NULL, NULL);

This works for all letters and other single-digit inputs. But if i press
ALT-F, it doesn't accept it. i understand that it is because, ALT
information is partially kept in lParam. If so, then how do I get lParam
information to work in keybd_event?

SendMessage is another option recommended by others in this newsgroup. How
exactly can I use SendMessage with the given wParam and lParam?

[what comes under the message field? WM_KEYDOWN , WM_KEYUP, or something
else? pls give code example, if the solution is SendMessage]

thanks...

Michelle

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:13:02 GMT

1. Getting the system generated port value from bind

2. Getting all system key board input

3. generating shift keypress

4. Getting the text from a combination of keypresses

5. Hooking in C# up to a DLL generated messages

6. System wide Message Hook not working when caller app loses focus

7. Creating system wide keyboard Hooks with c#

8. System hooks?

9. My keyboard hook gets called twice.

10. system hook

11. Hook file-system activity