Bitmaps and DPI
Author Message
 Bitmaps and DPI

I'm painting a bitmap into the background of a dialog box.
The only problem that I'm having is if the users changes the DPI of their
screen settings then the bitmap does not display correctly in the dialog.

If the user changes their DPI should I stretch/shrink the bitmap or change
the size of the dialog.

Which is the better option and how do I do it?

Thanks.

--
Michael Tissington
Oaklodge Technologies

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:21:38 GMT
 Bitmaps and DPI
Hi Michael,

I suggest you refer to MSDN artilce "How to Write High-DPI Applications" by
"Nick Kramer" for this issue.It focuss on four general areas: text and
fonts, images (graphics, icons, and cursors), layout, and painting in high
DPI apps.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com
--------------------

!Subject: Bitmaps and DPI
!Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:21:38 -0800

!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc
!
!I'm painting a bitmap into the background of a dialog box.
!The only problem that I'm having is if the users changes the DPI of their
!screen settings then the bitmap does not display correctly in the dialog.
!
!If the user changes their DPI should I stretch/shrink the bitmap or change
!the size of the dialog.
!
!Which is the better option and how do I do it?
!
!Thanks.
!
!--
!Michael Tissington
!Oaklodge Technologies
!http://www.oaklodge.com/technology
!
!
!
!

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:15:35 GMT
 Bitmaps and DPI
Thanks!

--
Michael Tissington
Oaklodge Technologies
http://www.oaklodge.com/technology

Quote:
> Hi Michael,

> I suggest you refer to MSDN artilce "How to Write High-DPI Applications"
by
> "Nick Kramer" for this issue.It focuss on four general areas: text and
> fonts, images (graphics, icons, and cursors), layout, and painting in high
> DPI apps.

> Best regards,
> yhhuang
> VS.NET, Visual C++
> Microsoft

rights.
> Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com
> --------------------

> !Subject: Bitmaps and DPI
> !Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:21:38 -0800

> !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc

> !
> !I'm painting a bitmap into the background of a dialog box.
> !The only problem that I'm having is if the users changes the DPI of their
> !screen settings then the bitmap does not display correctly in the dialog.
> !
> !If the user changes their DPI should I stretch/shrink the bitmap or
change
> !the size of the dialog.
> !
> !Which is the better option and how do I do it?
> !
> !Thanks.
> !
> !--
> !Michael Tissington
> !Oaklodge Technologies
> !http://www.oaklodge.com/technology
> !
> !
> !
> !

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:18:34 GMT

1. How to deal with high DPI?

2. large dpi settings problems with winform application

3. dpi and pagescale pbl

4. printer dpi

5. device context with 300 dpi

6. DPI problem

7. Printing on Multiple DPI printers

8. Display bitmaps in Print Preview and printing bitmaps.

9. 8 bit (256 color) bitmaps vs 24 bit bitmaps

10. This works with 256 color bitmaps; but 16bit color bitmaps

11. How to get a printable are and dpi info?

12. How can I get the dpi value from my printer into my application?