Hook/Callback funtion or Dialog Id/Control Id
Author Message
 Hook/Callback funtion or Dialog Id/Control Id

Hi,
My requirement:
  I have an edit/rich edit control in a dialog. I need to process it's
text in another dll say Genericdll. Genericdll goes thru the text in
the edit control word by word. It also needs to update/change the
calling dialog's edit control text.

i have 2 options to do:
1. To pass Dialog Id and Ctrl Id
2. Write a Hook/Callback function

Could you please suggest me a best method...
Thanks in Advance
Raji

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hook/Callback funtion or Dialog Id/Control Id

Quote:
>  I have an edit/rich edit control in a dialog. I need to process it's
>text in another dll say Genericdll. Genericdll goes thru the text in
>the edit control word by word. It also needs to update/change the
>calling dialog's edit control text.

>i have 2 options to do:
>1. To pass Dialog Id and Ctrl Id
>2. Write a Hook/Callback function

Just pass the window handle of the control to the method in your DLL.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hook/Callback funtion or Dialog Id/Control Id
Thank you very much.

I have passed both Window Handle of Dialog as well as Control...and
implemented.

Quote:

> >  I have an edit/rich edit control in a dialog. I need to process
it's
> >text in another dll say Genericdll. Genericdll goes thru the text in
> >the edit control word by word. It also needs to update/change the
> >calling dialog's edit control text.

> >i have 2 options to do:
> >1. To pass Dialog Id and Ctrl Id
> >2. Write a Hook/Callback function

> Just pass the window handle of the control to the method in your DLL.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialog Control IDs Missing

2. Missing Control IDs in Dialog-box App

3. How can I cycle through dialog controls without know IDs

4. Getting Dialog Control ID from mouse click

5. Explaining Dialog Control IDs...

6. Finding the Dialog, a Control-Id belongs to

7. Find the Dialog that contains a Control identified by its ID

8. Recordset-Getting the ID of a row inserted when the ID is IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT

9. product ID / vendor ID

10. Machine ID and User ID

11. CF-Card ID (PnP ID)

12. dialog class from dialog ID?