Text on title bar - Help!
Author Message
 Text on title bar - Help!

Hi,
    I have created a simple SDI application using MFC. However, when run on
a fresh installation of Win2k (no problems with a Win2k box upgraded from
NT) and ME, the title bar displays "??" instead of "Untitled".

Further, the File | Save dialog box has "?????.??" for the document type!
When the application is closed and the underlying document is modified, the
message box displays "?? ??????" instead of "Save changes to Untitled?" .

Any pointers will be extremely useful.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ben

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:47:22 GMT
 Text on title bar - Help!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Text on title bar - Help!

Quote:
> Hi,
>     I have created a simple SDI application using MFC. However, when run
on
> a fresh installation of Win2k (no problems with a Win2k box upgraded from
> NT) and ME, the title bar displays "??" instead of "Untitled".

> Further, the File | Save dialog box has "?????.??" for the document type!
> When the application is closed and the underlying document is modified,
the
> message box displays "?? ??????" instead of "Save changes to Untitled?" .

> Any pointers will be extremely useful.

MFC reads this strings from resources.
See what happend when app is trying to do it.
e. g. in OnSaveDocument().

gb

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:05:38 GMT

1. Text box on Title bar

2. Changing title bar text

3. show a text in the title bar

4. How to programmatically change title bar text.

5. Changing text on title bar

6. Changing title bar text

7. Title Bar Text

8. Dialog without title bar / taskbar text

9. How to change Child Title Bar Text?

10. Title bar text

11. setting Title Bar Text

12. Changing Title Bar Text of a Child Window