Starting my App full screen
Author Message
 Starting my App full screen

Hi, (Sorry if this is posted twice)

I am trying to start a basic app full screen.
I have derived my window class from CWnd

I have had loads of problems doing what I thought would be very easy.
I have created my window etc. no problem.

I have got my app to appear full screen, but then instantly it restores to
it's prevous size.
I think I found the problem, in wincore.cpp, on line 3488 is the command:
ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL);

This is inside:
int CWnd::RunModalLoop(DWORD dwFlags)

That would be the problem then. But I don't want to change wincore.cpp as it
is part of MFC and could muck up all my other programs.

I have searched codeproject and codegru for help but found none.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Rob

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:29:55 GMT
 Starting my App full screen
Robert,

You should not touch wincore.cpp or any MFC file for this. Following MSDN
article shows how to just that:

Adding a Full Screen Feature to an MFC Application
ID: Q164162

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B164162

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Hi, (Sorry if this is posted twice)

> I am trying to start a basic app full screen.
> I have derived my window class from CWnd

> I have had loads of problems doing what I thought would be very easy.
> I have created my window etc. no problem.

> I have got my app to appear full screen, but then instantly it restores to
> it's prevous size.
> I think I found the problem, in wincore.cpp, on line 3488 is the command:
> ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL);

> This is inside:
> int CWnd::RunModalLoop(DWORD dwFlags)

> That would be the problem then. But I don't want to change wincore.cpp as
it
> is part of MFC and could muck up all my other programs.

> I have searched codeproject and codegru for help but found none.
> Any ideas?
> Cheers
> Rob

Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:25:17 GMT
 Starting my App full screen
I assume you have the following in your InitInstance():

    m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED);

The code in CWnd::RunModalLoop() runs when a modal dialog is being
displayed.

Quote:
> Hi, (Sorry if this is posted twice)

> I am trying to start a basic app full screen.
> I have derived my window class from CWnd

> I have had loads of problems doing what I thought would be very easy.
> I have created my window etc. no problem.

> I have got my app to appear full screen, but then instantly it restores to
> it's prevous size.
> I think I found the problem, in wincore.cpp, on line 3488 is the command:
> ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL);

> This is inside:
> int CWnd::RunModalLoop(DWORD dwFlags)

> That would be the problem then. But I don't want to change wincore.cpp as
it
> is part of MFC and could muck up all my other programs.

> I have searched codeproject and codegru for help but found none.
> Any ideas?
> Cheers
> Rob

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:49:58 GMT
 Starting my App full screen

Quote:
> ID: Q164162

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B164162

Thanks for the help.
I actually found after 9 hours stuck on the problem it was my own doing.
After creating the window I sent a show command in the app class. I hadn't
thought to look there and only found it by acident.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:48:05 GMT

1. Remote debugging full screen app?

2. Full Screen App?

3. Sending Keystrokes to external full screen app

4. Sending keystrokes to a full screen app

5. Full Screen CMainFrame in MDI app

6. Full Screen App?

7. Suggestions for an app with full-screen windows.

8. Suggestions for an app with full-screen windows.

9. Start/no start app using command line?

10. Start App when Windows starts

11. App not starting in start in dir.

12. how to start an app from another app?