Switching views in 16-bit SDI application
Author Message
 Switching views in 16-bit SDI application

Quote:

> I need to extend the functionalities of a 16-bit SDI application.  I need to
> switch among several view (all derived from CFormView).  How can I associate
> a new view to replace an old view in the frame?  (CreateView is not
> available in 16-bit world.)  Or what function can I use to make frame window
> change its view?

> TIA.

> Richard L. Chen

The technique is illustrated in a sample named something like VSWAP, SWAPVIEW or
VIEWSWAP if you have 16-bit MSDN.  Nowadays the same sample has been updated to
VSWAP32 and is in the knowledge base in MSDN.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Switching views in 16-bit SDI application

I need to extend the functionalities of a 16-bit SDI application.  I need to
switch among several view (all derived from CFormView).  How can I associate
a new view to replace an old view in the frame?  (CreateView is not
available in 16-bit world.)  Or what function can I use to make frame window
change its view?

TIA.

Richard L. Chen

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:47:53 GMT
 Switching views in 16-bit SDI application
Thanks for the information.  The name is VSWAP for 16-bit environment and
VSWAP32 for 32-bit environment.  The VSWAP code is unexpectedly complicated
in my opinion.  I have seen 32-bit code that is simple and clean when all
views are of the same type.

Thanks again for the great help.

Richard L. Chen

Quote:

> > I need to extend the functionalities of a 16-bit SDI application.  I
need to
> > switch among several view (all derived from CFormView).  How can I
associate
> > a new view to replace an old view in the frame?  (CreateView is not
> > available in 16-bit world.)  Or what function can I use to make frame
window
> > change its view?

> > TIA.

> > Richard L. Chen

> The technique is illustrated in a sample named something like VSWAP,
SWAPVIEW or
> VIEWSWAP if you have 16-bit MSDN.  Nowadays the same sample has been
updated to
> VSWAP32 and is in the knowledge base in MSDN.

> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:08:37 GMT

1. reading old data, 16 bit application vs 32 bit application

2. 16 bit DDL in a 32 bit application

3. os2 16-bit application with 32-bit dll

4. help porting 16 bit to 32 bit (partly assembly) application

5. Q: How to port a 16-bit application to 32-bit

6. generic thunking(call 32 bit dll from 16 bit application)

7. Calling 16-bit DLLs from 32-bit Applications

8. 16-bit application 32-bit help

9. 16-bit vs 32-bit application

10. 16-bit vs 32-bit application

11. Building 16 bit dll for my mfc 32 bit application for win 95

12. Converting 32-bit applications to 16-bit