Multiple undo & redo
Author Message
 Multiple undo & redo

Does anybody know of any implementation of multiple undo and redo, similar
to that on the lines of Microsoft Word and Excel?

TIA,

Paul

Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple undo & redo

Quote:
> Does anybody know of any implementation of multiple undo and redo, similar
> to that on the lines of Microsoft Word and Excel?

> TIA,

> Paul

There is a good general (non windows-specific) discussion of undo and
redo in the book _Design Patterns_ (I can't remember the authors names
offhand). This is a really good book.

There was an excellent article in Dr. Dobbs Journel some time ago which
discussed an implementation of Undo/Redo for windows apps. I don't
recall the issue, but it was written by Mike Roberts of Turning Point
software. I _think_ it uses MFC. I have it at home, if you need
more specific information about volume, date, etc.

Hope this helps

Marty Wagner

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple undo & redo

Sorry to respond to my idiot self, but I apparently crippled the executable
when I made what I thought was a simple modification.  The crutches are
gone, the app works now - undo and all.  Sorry for wasting any time.
--
Doug
Remove .NoSpam for e-mail

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple undo & redo

Quote:
>There is a good general (non windows-specific) discussion of undo and
>redo in the book _Design Patterns_ (I can't remember the authors names
>offhand). This is a really good book.

>Hope this helps

>Marty Wagner

I can also recommend this book, it is by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm,
Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides and the publisher is Addison Wesley.

Also, visit http://web.ukonline.co.uk/Members/julian.smart/
Go under Code Cupboard and then look for MFCCMD. This implements the
idea from the Design-Patterns-Book under MFC.

Bye bye,
Wolfram Kuss,
Software developer, Hammes SW, Germany.

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple undo/Redo in CRichEdit?

2. Implementing Multiple Undo/Redo

3. Multiple undo/Redo in CRichEdit?

4. Undo & Redo Implementation

5. Undo & Redo Implementation

6. Undo, redo & Al.

7. How do I get Undo/Redo back

8. MRU and Undo/Redo problems in VS.NET

9. Redo / Undo

10. undo/redo drop-down list

11. Generic Class for Undo/Redo in VC++

12. Implementing Undo/Redo functionality