Proper application termination when log off from windows?
Author Message
 Proper application termination when log off from windows?

Hi,

I am working with windows 2000 and I just found out that I do not receive a
OnClose() / OnDestroy() message when I go to the Start Menu and Log Off from
windows. My DIALOG BASED (clue?) Application just terminates while other
applications such as Outlook perform a proper shutdown.

How can I respond on windows termination and shut down properly?

Thanks,
Marc.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:06:52 GMT
 Proper application termination when log off from windows?
Hi,
you should process WM_QUERYENDSESSION. Look in the MSDN. If you're using MFC
you could add a handler for it via the wizard.

Michael

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am working with windows 2000 and I just found out that I do not receive
> OnClose() / OnDestroy() message when I go to the Start Menu and Log Off
from
> windows. My DIALOG BASED (clue?) Application just terminates while other
> applications such as Outlook perform a proper shutdown.

> How can I respond on windows termination and shut down properly?

> Thanks,
> Marc.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:12:51 GMT
 Proper application termination when log off from windows?
Unbelieveble how simple life can be.
Thanks!

Quote:
> Hi,
> you should process WM_QUERYENDSESSION. Look in the MSDN. If you're using
MFC
> you could add a handler for it via the wizard.

> Michael

> > Hi,

> > I am working with windows 2000 and I just found out that I do not
receive
> > OnClose() / OnDestroy() message when I go to the Start Menu and Log Off
> from
> > windows. My DIALOG BASED (clue?) Application just terminates while other
> > applications such as Outlook perform a proper shutdown.

> > How can I respond on windows termination and shut down properly?

> > Thanks,
> > Marc.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:58:55 GMT

1. Pause windows Nt Log off

2. Writing to the Windows 2000 Application Error Log

3. CEdit as a log window for multithreaded application

4. NT service gives error when user logs off

5. Disconnecting/logging off user from server (domain)???? URGENT

6. Logging off user remotely from server.

7. NT service gives error when user logs off

8. Log Off form Code

9. System Try and Log Off

10. Graceful shutdown of colsole programs when logging off!

11. again Intercept shut down and log off

12. intercepting shut down and log off