set default printer?
Author Message
 set default printer?

I am now able to print direct to the default printer...

How is it possible to change the default printer to another choice,
print a file then change the default back?

I cannot find any info on SetDefaultPrinter or any similar MFC members

thanks in advance
charles

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 set default printer?

Quote:
>I am now able to print direct to the default printer...

>How is it possible to change the default printer to another choice,
>print a file then change the default back?

Charles,

I suspect that you don't want to change the system default printer -
rather you want to change the current application default printer. If
that is correct, have a look at Knowledge Base article Q133025 "How to
Store MFC Printer Information in a Document", which I think will point
you in the right direction.

Dave

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 set default printer?

I found the aritcle you cited, however I must change this printer from
the app not the document.

sometimes this will be changed by users and sometimes by the app.

putting the info in the document will not work because the printer
used will change on the fly...

any other ideas?

thanks
charles

Quote:
>I suspect that you don't want to change the system default printer -
>rather you want to change the current application default printer. If
>that is correct, have a look at Knowledge Base article Q133025 "How to
>Store MFC Printer Information in a Document", which I think will point
>you in the right direction.

>Dave

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 set default printer?

Quote:
>I found the aritcle you cited, however I must change this printer from
>the app not the document.

>sometimes this will be changed by users and sometimes by the app.

>putting the info in the document will not work because the printer
>used will change on the fly...

Charles,

I didn't intent you to copy the example as it was. I cited it as an
illustration to show you how you might achieve the result you want.

Dave

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 set default printer?

Quote:
>I didn't intent you to copy the example as it was. I cited it as an
>illustration to show you how you might achieve the result you want.

>Dave

no problem, many thanks for the reply...
I am still working on it but now I begin to
see!

take care
charles

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 set default printer?
It isn't very hard. Use CPrintDlg to allow the printer to be set. You
can then save the information delivered and store it wherever you
want. The answer suggested shows how to store it in the document, but
you can store it in the Registry, or just ignore it. If the CPrintDlg
structure is static, then the next time you want to print you
reference the same structure and you will get the desired default.
                                joe

Quote:

>I found the aritcle you cited, however I must change this printer from
>the app not the document.

>sometimes this will be changed by users and sometimes by the app.

>putting the info in the document will not work because the printer
>used will change on the fly...

>any other ideas?

>thanks
>charles

>>I suspect that you don't want to change the system default printer -
>>rather you want to change the current application default printer. If
>>that is correct, have a look at Knowledge Base article Q133025 "How to
>>Store MFC Printer Information in a Document", which I think will point
>>you in the right direction.

>>Dave

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Set Default Printer

2. Set default printer

3. how to Set Default Printer

4. Q: How to set default printer bin?

5. how to Set Default Printer

6. Setting default printer via DEVMODE struct and EnumPrinters

7. Setting default printer in Win NT, and 2000

8. How to set default printer font

9. Set default printer programatically?

10. set default printer

11. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

12. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK