Difference between the Win32 API and Platform SDK
Author Message
 Difference between the Win32 API and Platform SDK

Hi ,

can any one explain the difference between the Win32 API which is available
by default in the OS and the Platform SDK which we have to install
separately

thanks in advance

Binu

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:26:21 GMT
 Difference between the Win32 API and Platform SDK

Quote:

> Hi ,

> can any one explain the difference between the Win32 API which is available
> by default in the OS and the Platform SDK which we have to install
> separately

> thanks in advance

> Binu

The Win32 API is part of the operating system: its interface to
application programs.  The Platform SDK is tools and documentation for
developing programs that will call API functions.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:08:07 GMT

1. What is the difference between Microsoft Platform SDK and Win32 SDK???

2. Problems Setting the Default printer with Win32 API SDK

3. win32 sdk api

4. Differences in Win32 API under Win95 & NT

5. Platform SDK and .net Framework SDK

6. Mixing and Matching Platform SDK with VC++ SDK

7. Can I install platform SDK over VC6 SDK?

8. convert H/PC platform project to Win32 platform project

9. Windows SDK or Win32 SDK?

10. Is there is different between Platform SDK and Microsoft Win32 SDK?

11. New Platform SDK and AtlSocket

12. platform sdk documentation tutorials