How to copy classes from old project into new
Author Message
 How to copy classes from old project into new

I've got an old MFC project that I want to use some classes from.

I can copy the .cpp and .h from the old directory to the new. I then use
Project-> Add To Project-> Files which brings them up in the file View
and after compiling they also appear in the class view.

I can't get them to appear in the ClassWizard. How do I do this bit?

I have been creating a class with the same name and them overwriting the
created file with the old one but this is a pain. Is there an easier
way?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy classes from old project into new
Andrew:

Use the gallery.

HTH,

David Wilkinson

=====================

Quote:

> I've got an old MFC project that I want to use some classes from.

> I can copy the .cpp and .h from the old directory to the new. I then use
> Project-> Add To Project-> Files which brings them up in the file View
> and after compiling they also appear in the class view.

> I can't get them to appear in the ClassWizard. How do I do this bit?

> I have been creating a class with the same name and them overwriting the
> created file with the old one but this is a pain. Is there an easier
> way?

> Thanks,

> Andrew.

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy classes from old project into new
Hi
Close your workspace and delete your .clw file for the project.
Load the  workspace again and do a Ctrl+W. Add all files to the list and the
classes will appear in class wizard.

Hope this helps.
Pranav

Quote:

>I've got an old MFC project that I want to use some classes from.

>I can copy the .cpp and .h from the old directory to the new. I then use
>Project-> Add To Project-> Files which brings them up in the file View
>and after compiling they also appear in the class view.

>I can't get them to appear in the ClassWizard. How do I do this bit?

>I have been creating a class with the same name and them overwriting the
>created file with the old one but this is a pain. Is there an easier
>way?

>Thanks,

>Andrew.

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Old Project to New Project

2. Old Project - New Errors

3. Old ODBC project - new errors

4. how to insert a new class into the Visual c++ project

5. ClassView does not display new classes added to project

6. adding new CDalog class to my project

7. Copy Project not available to 20 of 21 projects in Solution Explorer

8. How do I use an old C++ Class with my new C# WebApplication project?

9. Copy Constructor : Copying Base Class Member Variables

10. realloc() will copy the old content?

11. Blank Projects window in New Project Wizard

12. Visual.Net New Project Wizard for C projects