BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
Author Message
 BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory

Hi,
Does any one have any idea on how to solve the following:
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such
file or directory
Error executing bscmake.exe.

I seam to remember that in the past I may have deleted some BSC files
but that was a long time ago and would not be stdafx.bsc
Today I decided to recreate a class which I have changed many times
from CView, CWnd and maybe even CStatic and ended up with bunch of
functions inappropriate for whatever class ( now aiming for CStatic again ).
I renamed the files, before I started VC then deleted them from the file
lists in VC but when it came time to create them again it told me the
class is in use. I restarted and recreated ( with a typo ), when I
realized it I deleted the new files from the lists and then found the
class IDs ( because it was created with automation ) and cut out all
relating to PartPreview and PartPreviw in the .odl file.
When I tried to rebuild I got the error.
The only BSC files (2 BSC and 2 with another extension) in my debug
directory were for the 2 {*filter*} classes which are now history as well.
Any ideas on how to bring my project from the dead?

Thanks Sam.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:20:49 GMT
 BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
That usually just means that a compile error interrupted a build and so
the browse info file could not be generated.  Usually, a "Rebuild All"
will solve it.  Or, try deleting the entire "Debug" subdirectory and
then building.

Quote:
> Does any one have any idea on how to solve the following:
> BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such
> file or directory
> Error executing bscmake.exe.

> I seam to remember that in the past I may have deleted some BSC files
> but that was a long time ago and would not be stdafx.bsc
> Today I decided to recreate a class which I have changed many times
> from CView, CWnd and maybe even CStatic and ended up with bunch of
> functions inappropriate for whatever class ( now aiming for CStatic again ).
> I renamed the files, before I started VC then deleted them from the file
> lists in VC but when it came time to create them again it told me the
> class is in use. I restarted and recreated ( with a typo ), when I
> realized it I deleted the new files from the lists and then found the
> class IDs ( because it was created with automation ) and cut out all
> relating to PartPreview and PartPreviw in the .odl file.
> When I tried to rebuild I got the error.
> The only BSC files (2 BSC and 2 with another extension) in my debug
> directory were for the 2 {*filter*} classes which are now history as well.
> Any ideas on how to bring my project from the dead?

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:04:06 GMT
 BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
Recently I have set somewhere a switch to delete temporary files, but
can't remember where, therefore I have no *.OBJs.

The other piece of info I have obtained since, is the following.

I had /Yu "stdafx.h" in my C/C++ settings when I changed it to /Yc
"stdafx.h" to build it I got a message box 'from the compiler?'
Saying:
The source files 'path'\board.cpp and 'path'\AppSettings.cpp are both
configured to produce output file 'path'\debug\appname.pch
The project cannot be built.

The first is a secondary view in a splitter the second is CDocument
derived ( but not in DocTemplate )
(God knows what I have leftclicked and accidentaly let go on a wrong
menu option late at night.)
Also the error bellow starts with another line something like
'Error executing MIDL.exe'

Quote:

> That usually just means that a compile error interrupted a build and so
> the browse info file could not be generated.  Usually, a "Rebuild All"
> will solve it.  Or, try deleting the entire "Debug" subdirectory and
> then building.

>>Does any one have any idea on how to solve the following:
>>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such
>>file or directory
>>Error executing bscmake.exe.

>>I seam to remember that in the past I may have deleted some BSC files
>>but that was a long time ago and would not be stdafx.bsc
>>Today I decided to recreate a class which I have changed many times
>>from CView, CWnd and maybe even CStatic and ended up with bunch of
>>functions inappropriate for whatever class ( now aiming for CStatic again ).
>>I renamed the files, before I started VC then deleted them from the file
>>lists in VC but when it came time to create them again it told me the
>>class is in use. I restarted and recreated ( with a typo ), when I
>>realized it I deleted the new files from the lists and then found the
>>class IDs ( because it was created with automation ) and cut out all
>>relating to PartPreview and PartPreviw in the .odl file.
>>When I tried to rebuild I got the error.
>>The only BSC files (2 BSC and 2 with another extension) in my debug
>>directory were for the 2 {*filter*} classes which are now history as well.
>>Any ideas on how to bring my project from the dead?

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:30:34 GMT
 BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
Recently I have set somewhere a switch to delete temporary files, but
can't remember where, therefore I have no *.OBJs.

The other piece of info I have obtained since, is the following.

I had /Yu "stdafx.h" in my C/C++ settings when I changed it to /Yc
"stdafx.h" to build it I got a message box 'from the compiler?'
Saying:
The source files 'path'\board.cpp and 'path'\AppSettings.cpp are both
configured to produce output file 'path'\debug\appname.pch
The project cannot be built.

The first is a secondary view in a splitter the second is CDocument
derived ( but not in DocTemplate )
(God knows what I have leftclicked and accidentaly let go on a wrong
menu option late at night.)

what is the (.PCH) file and why is my APPNAME.CPP not set to create it?

Also the error bellow started with another line something like
'Error executing MIDL.exe'

Thank you in advance for any additional advice.

 > That usually just means that a compile error interrupted a build and so
 > the browse info file could not be generated.  Usually, a "Rebuild All"
 > will solve it.  Or, try deleting the entire "Debug" subdirectory and
 > then building.
 >

 >>Does any one have any idea on how to solve the following:
 >>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such
 >>file or directory
 >>Error executing bscmake.exe.
 >>
 >>
 >>I seam to remember that in the past I may have deleted some BSC files
 >>but that was a long time ago and would not be stdafx.bsc
 >>Today I decided to recreate a class which I have changed many times
 >>from CView, CWnd and maybe even CStatic and ended up with bunch of
 >>functions inappropriate for whatever class ( now aiming for CStatic
again ).
 >>I renamed the files, before I started VC then deleted them from the file
 >>lists in VC but when it came time to create them again it told me the
 >>class is in use. I restarted and recreated ( with a typo ), when I
 >>realized it I deleted the new files from the lists and then found the
 >>class IDs ( because it was created with automation ) and cut out all
 >>relating to PartPreview and PartPreviw in the .odl file.
 >>When I tried to rebuild I got the error.
 >>The only BSC files (2 BSC and 2 with another extension) in my debug
 >>directory were for the 2 {*filter*} classes which are now history as well.
 >>Any ideas on how to bring my project from the dead?

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:39:47 GMT
 BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory
In your project settings on the C/C++ tab, for Precompiled Headers, you
can set one file to create the header, and all other files to use the
header.  Check the setting for each .cpp in your project to see if you
have more than one set to create the PCH.

An error with MIDL.exe would be related to compiling an IDL or ODL file,
in which COM declarations are made.

Quote:
> Recently I have set somewhere a switch to delete temporary files, but
> can't remember where, therefore I have no *.OBJs.

> The other piece of info I have obtained since, is the following.

> I had /Yu "stdafx.h" in my C/C++ settings when I changed it to /Yc
> "stdafx.h" to build it I got a message box 'from the compiler?'
> Saying:
> The source files 'path'\board.cpp and 'path'\AppSettings.cpp are both
> configured to produce output file 'path'\debug\appname.pch
> The project cannot be built.

> The first is a secondary view in a splitter the second is CDocument
> derived ( but not in DocTemplate )
> (God knows what I have leftclicked and accidentaly let go on a wrong
> menu option late at night.)
> Also the error bellow starts with another line something like
> 'Error executing MIDL.exe'

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:31:57 GMT

1. Error during compilation :BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file

2. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

3. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

4. Linker cannot open file 'mfc70ud.lib'

5. Cannot open include file: 'crtdbg.h'

6. cannot open include file 'winresrc.h'

7. cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

8. Error error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from

9. Q: 'stdafx.h': No such file or directory

10. Compile Error: cannot open type library file ''msado15.dll'

11. Compile Error: cannot open type library file ''msado15.dll'

12. Compile Error: cannot open type library file ''msado15.dll'