Q: How can I change menu items during runtime
Author Message
 Q: How can I change menu items during runtime

Hello,

My applications checks runtime which external hardware units are connected.
It reads out certain Tag-names.
The user can switch between the units by selecting one of them in the menu
'Units'.
Until now the user switches between the units by selecting an address in the
menu 'Units'.

How can I add or change a menu item during runtime, so the user can switch
between the units by selecting it by its tagname instead of a address.
Tagnames are only available during runtime.

Thanks in advance,

Kimball

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: How can I change menu items during runtime
Look at MSDN under CMenu and the functions available.
AppendMenu(), ModifyMenu(), etc.

Also, if I remember correctly ... there is an issue with CMenu::detach() , which
may not be relevant in your case.

Look at the DYNAMENU sample on msdn.

Quote:

> Hello,

> My applications checks runtime which external hardware units are connected.
> It reads out certain Tag-names.
> The user can switch between the units by selecting one of them in the menu
> 'Units'.
> Until now the user switches between the units by selecting an address in the
> menu 'Units'.

> How can I add or change a menu item during runtime, so the user can switch
> between the units by selecting it by its tagname instead of a address.
> Tagnames are only available during runtime.

> Thanks in advance,

> Kimball

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: How can I change menu items during runtime
Ok, but when and where do you change this Menu: at what stage of the start
up ?
In mainframe? Which function then?

Many thanks in advance, Kimball

Quote:
> Look at MSDN under CMenu and the functions available.
> AppendMenu(), ModifyMenu(), etc.

> Also, if I remember correctly ... there is an issue with CMenu::detach() ,
which
> may not be relevant in your case.

> Look at the DYNAMENU sample on msdn.

> > Hello,

> > My applications checks runtime which external hardware units are
connected.
> > It reads out certain Tag-names.
> > The user can switch between the units by selecting one of them in the
menu
> > 'Units'.
> > Until now the user switches between the units by selecting an address in
the
> > menu 'Units'.

> > How can I add or change a menu item during runtime, so the user can
switch
> > between the units by selecting it by its tagname instead of a address.
> > Tagnames are only available during runtime.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Kimball

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q Menu item change during runtime (2)

2. Change mdi background during runtime

3. value of struct member changes during runtime

4. adodc - changing the filter during runtime is possible?

5. Changing a Dialog's CAPTION during runtime

6. How To change a LTEXT Resource during runtime?

7. How to change language of interface during runtime?

8. Best way to change text attributes during runtime?

9. adodc: changing filter during runtime is possible?

10. Changing Tab Order during runtime

11. problem: How to change the background color of menu items and menu bar

12. How To change a LTEXT Resource during runtime?