How to handle cursor movement, selection, deletion for a DBCS string.
Author Message
 How to handle cursor movement, selection, deletion for a DBCS string.

HI, All,

Does anyone have the experience of dealing with DBCS string text editing process?  If you use a regular edit box, strange things could happen when you do the deletion, cursor movement and selection operation.  for example, you could delete the lead or trail byte of a DBCS character, or you could select half of the character, which leads to the display of garbagge chars.   I guess one way to handle this problem is to superclass the edit class (I am using Win32, not using MFC).  Can I derive a Class, e.g.  CEditW from CEdit and use it in Win32SDK app?  I used spy++ to examine the view window of Word97 and found its Window Class is RichEdit20W.  (Word97 is DBCS-enabled any you don't experience the above problems when you work with a DBCS string.).

Any Suggestion would be highly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cursor movement?

2. (cursor movement)please help an absolute beginner...

3. Writing to screen, no cursor movement

4. How manage CSlider cursor movements?

5. Manage CSlider cursors movements

6. Cursor movement cfg

7. Cursor movement in an entry field