Help: VC++ fail to use breakpoints
Author Message
 Help: VC++ fail to use breakpoints

Hi,
I m using VC++ 5.0 in Win 95 envir.
When I tried to debug my project - put a breakpoint and "Start debug" -
my computer crashs.
I got Windows Fatal Error #14, and I need to restart my computer.
What should I do ?
PLEASE HELP !!!!
alon

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: VC++ fail to use breakpoints

Well, the first thing you do is call Microsoft and compliment their
programmers on being able to pack so much information regarding your error,
particularly, its cause into their message.

Actually, "Fatal Error #14"? I wonder how many fatal errors they have coded?
Surely 14 means something, to someone, but nothing at all to everyone else.

In any case, Msdev crashes all the time on my machine, especially when I am
debugging. Microsoft support ordered me to boot my machine in single
processor mode. No, that was the fix ...

So if you have a dual processor machine, perhaps you have hit one of their
timing bugs. If you notice it crashing after you hit "break" and then set a
break point and go, and instead of going, its going, going, gone (on my
machine Msdev violates memory access priviledges and crashes), then try
booting single processor ( add a new entry to boot.ini with /numproc=1 to
it). If you don't have a dual processor machine,  well, Msdev probably
doesn't crash on you as much as it does on me (I do run NT 4.0) so consider
yourself lucky!!!

ps. Service pack three contained fixes for a number of bugs that caused
Msdev to crash. Alas, it just doesn't contain enough.

Quote:

>Hi,
>I m using VC++ 5.0 in Win 95 envir.
>When I tried to debug my project - put a breakpoint and "Start debug" -
>my computer crashs.
>I got Windows Fatal Error #14, and I need to restart my computer.
>What should I do ?
>PLEASE HELP !!!!
>alon

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: VC++ 4.0 Debugger wont accept data breakpoints

2. vc 5.0 fails instantiating function templates while using RTTI

3. (VC++)LoadFile failed when using RichTextBoxControl

4. Help - code using fopen() failing on production system - file may already be open

5. help using GetServerName in vc++

6. Help: VC++ fail to debug

7. Help: VC++ fail to debug

8. Assertion Failed in MFC - Please Help VC++ 1.52, MFC 2.5

9. why i can connect server by using CSocket , and it failed when using CAsyncSocket

10. Why i can connect server using CSocket , but fail by using CAsyncSocket

11. LoadString() fails under VC++4.0 but not under VC++ 5.0