AppWizzard not doing static dll option
Author Message
 AppWizzard not doing static dll option

Hi,
     I am new to VC++, and I am creating a project using
the MFC 32 bit App Wizard. The book I'm learning from says
I should get an option for shared DLL's or static DLL's
after the question about adding comments to the code.
I want a static library to simply installation of my app,
but I do not get this choice going through the steps, and
at the end the app wizard says its going to build a
project with dynamically linked DLL's.  I'm using the learning edition of
VC++ 5.0.  Is this a limitation of
the learning edition? Am I missing something?

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.*-*-*.com/ - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 AppWizzard not doing static dll option
YES!  You cannot statically link with the MFC using the learning edition.
You need the professional or enterprise edition.

Gavin

Quote:
> I'm using the learning edition of
> VC++ 5.0.  Is this a limitation of
> the learning edition?

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. static member inheritance not doing what I want...

2. Linking Static DLL vs Non Static DLL

3. Init static vars in DLLs does not work

4. Help w/ app crashing in MFC shared dll but not w\ static MFC using VC6

5. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

6. Static member not properly defined in a DLL?!

7. Exporting static class members from DLL does not work in VC++5.0

8. Static variable not instaniated in static library

9. Static Library options in VC 1.5.2?

10. Class not registered when doing COM interop

11. Strings doing what they are not supposed to...???

12. _open not doing the right thing