IP address of Incomming connection
Author Message
 IP address of Incomming connection

hi,
I have clinet/server over modem application. The dialer program is on the
client side. The server side has an incoming connection in the neighborhood.
The dialing and answering is ok.
But when  I use the computer name of the server side,it can not connect.
what's the problem? or How can I get the IP of  a computer who accepts
incomming connections ?

thanks ,
   Behzad

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:01:14 GMT
 IP address of Incomming connection
Hello Behzad,

Quote:
> client side. The server side has an incoming connection in the

neighborhood.

What neighborhood ? network neighborhood ?
Is the server connected to internet ?

Quote:
> The dialing and answering is ok.

What do you mean by answering ?

To get IP address of server, run "ipconfig".

--
Regards,
  Kobi Ben Tzvi

Quote:
> hi,
> I have clinet/server over modem application. The dialer program is on the
> client side. The server side has an incoming connection in the
neighborhood.
> The dialing and answering is ok.
> But when  I use the computer name of the server side,it can not connect.
> what's the problem? or How can I get the IP of  a computer who accepts
> incomming connections ?

> thanks ,
>    Behzad

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:14:15 GMT

1. Connection point and ip address

2. Trying to print IP address of socket connection

3. getting ip address of the default route interface (public ip vs private ip)

4. allow incomming connections

5. How to get MAC address from IP Address

6. convert mac address to ip address

7. How can i get MAC Address by IP address in SCO UNIX C

8. IP address and Mac Address help!!!

9. MAC Address from IP Address

10. IP Address

11. IP address of Default Nameservers ??

12. TextBox.Clear and IP address control