Dialog redraw
Author Message
 Dialog redraw

Hi

I'm having a problem with slow redrawing of a dialog, in which I have
quite a lot of child windows - actually nearly 100.
When I show the dialog (it's already created, but hidden), the redrawing
of the controls is clearly visible.
Now I'm thinking: is there an easy way to paint the dialog _and_ all
child windows to an off-screen memory dc, and bitblt the contents to the
screen dc?

My application runs on a Pentium 166 in an embedded Windows NT 4.0
environment.

Any input is appreciated...

/Riverwind

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:46:25 GMT
 Dialog redraw
    Instead of having 100 controls on a single dialog, consider using the
PropertySheet/PropertyPage design. Take a look at the
CPropertySheet[Ex]/CPropertyPage[Ex] MFC  classes.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

Quote:
> Hi

> I'm having a problem with slow redrawing of a dialog, in which I have
> quite a lot of child windows - actually nearly 100.
> When I show the dialog (it's already created, but hidden), the redrawing
> of the controls is clearly visible.
> Now I'm thinking: is there an easy way to paint the dialog _and_ all
> child windows to an off-screen memory dc, and bitblt the contents to the
> screen dc?

> My application runs on a Pentium 166 in an embedded Windows NT 4.0
> environment.

> Any input is appreciated...

> /Riverwind

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:29:30 GMT

1. dialog redraw

2. Dialog Redraw

3. Dialog Redrawing

4. dialog redraw

5. help, dialog redraw problem

6. Dialog Box Redrawing

7. Redrawing a Dialog Box

8. redraw dialog box

9. CStatic bitmap not redrawing correctly in dialog

10. Dialog box redraws

11. Problem redrawing two dialog boxes

12. redrawing dialog window when switching back from other application windows