How do I switch off the title bar in a MDI application
Author Message
 How do I switch off the title bar in a MDI application

Hallo

I develop a touch screen application with a special company look and I
have to remove the title bar of the MDI Mainframe. How can I so this.
I tried several things with style in the window create handler but no
success.

Any ideas

Thanks for reading and maybe answering

Django

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I switch off the title bar in a MDI application
Try something like this:

BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
      if(!CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs)
             return FALSE;

      cs.dwExStyle &=  ~WS_CAPTION;
      cs.lpszClass = AfxRegisterWndClass(0);
      return TRUE;

Quote:
}

The reason an app normally has a title bar is because of the default
WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW window style, which includes it.  This is untested,
but should work.  One possible problem is that now you will have to add
code to deal with moving the window by dragging the client area, if the
window is allowed to be moved.

Ed

Quote:

> Hallo

> I develop a touch screen application with a special company look and I
> have to remove the title bar of the MDI Mainframe. How can I so this.
> I tried several things with style in the window create handler but no
> success.

> Any ideas

> Thanks for reading and maybe answering

> Django

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I switch off the title bar in a MDI application
The MFC source code for the CMiniFrameWnd class might have some useful
sample source code.

Quote:
> Hallo

> I develop a touch screen application with a special company look and I
> have to remove the title bar of the MDI Mainframe. How can I so this.
> I tried several things with style in the window create handler but no
> success.

> Any ideas

> Thanks for reading and maybe answering

> Django

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI application, window title bar not reflecting focus

2. switching applications from task bar to system bar...

3. Toggle title bars on/off

4. Tear-off toolbar title bar problem

5. Painting The Title Bar On MDI Child Window using OnNcPaint()

6. Setting Title Bars in MDI App

7. Modify Child Wnd Title Bar Caption in MDI App

8. Dynamically changing main window title bar for an MDI app

9. MDI MainFrame without title bar

10. View Window Title for MDI Application

11. Application window without title bar

12. Adding a button into title bar of an application