Why isn't OnDraw/OnPaint called?
Author Message
 Why isn't OnDraw/OnPaint called?

Hi.  I've got multiple views using a splitter.  The first (left
side) view prints fine when I select print from the file menu,
but the second doesn't.  Even if I click in the window and then
select print, neither OnPrint nor OnDraw gets called.  Nothing
happens.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
--

-- Alan                        # Mountain Dew and doughnuts...

meal
                               # of the day.

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Why isn't OnDraw/OnPaint called?

Hi Alan
I think the problem is with command routing. commands
are routed to an active view by default. you may need to
add the OnCmdMsg function in the CFramWnd. Get the active
document then iterate thru all the it's views and call the OnCmdMsg
handler for each view. This is decsribed is Jeff Prosise's book
on Programming WIN95 w/ MFC in chapter 13.

Hope this help
Fred

Quote:

>Hi.  I've got multiple views using a splitter.  The first (left
>side) view prints fine when I select print from the file menu,
>but the second doesn't.  Even if I click in the window and then
>select print, neither OnPrint nor OnDraw gets called.  Nothing
>happens.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
>--

>-- Alan                        # Mountain Dew and doughnuts...

>meal
>                               # of the day.

Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why isn't PreCreateWindow called

2. CPropertySheet OnOK-method isn't called, why?

3. Qestion: why isn't PreCreateWindow() called here

4. What's differance between OnDraw and OnPaint??

5. What's the relationship between OnDraw() and OnPaint()

6. NULL isn't 0/0 isn't NULL

7. why isn't stdio full-duplex?

8. Top Left Icon - Why Isn't it Showing Up Correctly

9. Why isn't malloc necessary here?

10. HELP - why isn't ld working

11. why isn't there a strcasestr ?

12. Why isn't there a ->= operator?