Tool Tips VC 5.0 don't work on some machines
Author Message
 Tool Tips VC 5.0 don't work on some machines

I've run into the same problem.  If you've installed the Visual Studio
Service Pack 1, take a look at this knowledge base article:

Article ID: Q172276
BUG: CToolTipCtrl Does Not Display Text After Installing VS SP1

They mention that you need to override the OnToolHitTest( ) virtual
function as a workaround (they give a sample as well).  After I   added the
suggested code, my Tool Tips worked.

Hope it helps.

Joe Hart

Quote:
> Hi,
>     If I build the most basic Appwizard application in VC 5.0, on about
> 20% of the machines I run it, tool tips don't work.  The problem seems
> to be that  TTN_NEEDTEXT is never called on the problem machines.  Has
> anybody else seen this problem?

> Thanks,

> Omar

Sat, 12 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tool tips in CPropertySheet based dialog still don't work

2. some tool tips don't show up

3. Tool Tips Don't Appear in Win95

4. Class 'tool tips'?

5. ACCELERATOR KEYS DON'T WORK WITH OnKeyDown BUT WORK WHEN SPY++ IS RUNNING

6. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

7. HREF's to .exe's don't work

8. can't view tool tips

9. Bitmaps don't load on some machines

10. Bitmaps don't load on some machines

11. Works in VC 5.0 not in VC 6.0

12. Don't know why this doesn't work, but